INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Drag-selecting list items  (Read 1045 times)

V-Man

Drag-selecting list items
« on: November 22, 2007, 07:26:33 am »

In Windows Explorer, if I want to select several adjacent files in a list, I have 3 choices:

1) Click one, Ctrl-click the others
2) Click first one, shift-click last one
3) Drag out a ghost rectangle over the files I want to select

With track lists in MC12, technique 3 does not appear to be supported. As a disabled user who can't easily shift or ctrl-click it's proving a real frustration. Is this something you could look into implementing?

Thanks.

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Cosmic Bird
Re: Drag-selecting list items
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2007, 09:03:56 am »

This is already possible.

By default MC12 allows right-click lasso selections, but an option for the left-click lasso is available:
Tools > Options > Tree & View > Advanced > Allow list lasso with left mouse button

Be aware that the left-click lasso works only if you start the lasso selection outside of the visible text string in a column field. Also, if a left-click drag is started on an already selected file it tries to move the file (which is what most people probably expect it to do) instead of starting a lasso selection.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2007, 10:08:47 am »

By default, the right-click+drag always starts a lasso with Media Center.

If you enable the option AlexB is describing, left-click+drag can also create a lasso.

This is done to avoid the confusion lassos cause novice users when they're trying to drag-n-drop. (which is why iTunes has no lasso)

Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

V-Man

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2007, 09:49:06 am »

Belated thanks for the tip, I forgot to check back on the forum for a while. Problem solved  :D
Pages: [1]   Go Up