INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Fully Tagged Library - seeking yadb submit information  (Read 1145 times)

malcolmm

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Wad Up! I'm a simple man :)
Fully Tagged Library - seeking yadb submit information
« on: December 09, 2007, 07:16:11 pm »

Hi Folks

My turn to give back. I've been benefiting from the yadb library ever since getting my first copy of MC.

There have been many instances where I have researched and manually entered tag info and I would like to submit my tag library to yadb.

I'm a fussy bugger and each and every one of my 6,000 plus 320 bitrate library is tagged and has cover art (even if I've scanned the record or cd cover myself).

In the interest of a uniform appearance, all text is in lower case and they're beautiful - struth, I must cut that out. lol  ::)
Cheers, Malcolm

malcolmm

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: Fully Tagged Library - seeking yadb submit information
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2007, 05:46:53 am »

I thought someone would be interested.

After-all, "a good tag is hard to find".

Cheers, Malcolm

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2007, 06:17:51 am »

Did you ask something? I don't see a question.  ;)

You can submit track info to YADB by selecting the files and using the Library Tools > Submit Track Info To YADB feature. Submitting info for 6000 tracks is a big task. You may want to split the submission to smaller batches and do it when you don't need MC12 for other tasks.

There is a separate command for submitting Cover Art to YADB under the "Cover Art" right-click menu.
Though, I think the recent MC12 builds include cover art in the YADB track info submission. Maybe John Gateley (from JRiver) can verify if this is true.

In the interest of a uniform appearance, all text is in lower case and they're beautiful

Do you mean that also the first letters of all words are in lower case? This is not what people usually prefer.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

malcolmm

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2007, 06:28:25 am »

Greetings citizen of the universe.

Sorry. I meant to ask for info on "How to Submit tag info".

I guess I got carried away and forgot to include the most important detail.

Anyway, thanks for your response.

I take your lc comment on board but much prefer all lower case. For me, easier to read etc.

BTW Tags include all composers etc. I real labour of love my friend.

Though, I think the recent MC12 builds include cover art in the YADB track info submission. Maybe John Gateley (from JRiver) can verify if this is true.

The only reference I've seen pertaining to submitting tag info is when the look up fails to find any info in yadb - in that situation, there is control which invites you to submit. But I think that submission would be relative to the particular cd it is looking for?

Maybe there's another reference somewhere. I may be missing it. But thanks again and I'll look in the alt cover art menu.

Happy Chrissy
Cheers, Malcolm

malcolmm

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2007, 06:33:27 am »

Ah! Now I see.

My error was failing to making to a selection before looking in the tools menu.

and... there it was all along.

Thanks Alex B (I think it was you who helped me with a ripping/sorting problem a few weeks ago - you're a real gem)
Cheers, Malcolm
Pages: [1]   Go Up