INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Remote Accessible DVD Menu?  (Read 990 times)

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Farm Animal Stupid
Remote Accessible DVD Menu?
« on: December 10, 2007, 08:03:40 am »

I've completely replaced my DVD player with an HTPC running MC12 now. It's been working great except for two things. One's a bug that I'll report in the bug thread, the other is a useability question.

How do I access the DVD/Title menus on a DVD using my remote? I've figured out that I can right click on the display and get to it, but I haven't found a way to just push a button on my remote and get there, like you can with a standalone DVD player. I'm sure there's got to be a way to do it, however.

raym

• MC Beta Team
Re: Remote Accessible DVD Menu?
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2007, 06:33:05 pm »

Hey Doof. I have the following command mapped to a button on my remote for this: "MC12.exe /MCC 10033"

It might be a good idea however if this was provided "out-of-box" via the OSD menu. Like subtitles and language options etc.

Cheers.
RKM Smart Home - www.rkmsmarthome.com.au
Z-Wave Home Automation

benn600

• Living: Santa Monica CA Hometown: Cedar Rapids IA
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2007, 07:27:43 pm »

I've been asking this a few times for the past few months.  Thanks for that!  I always needed a button to jump to the menu and I can map to the exe command line option you provided.

But it would be nice to add to the OSD.

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2007, 08:13:58 pm »

Yeah, I knew it could be done through Girder and the MCC commands. What I was wondering was if there was some way to get to it just by using the MCE remote and the built in Vista driver for the IR receiver (should have been more clear in my original question).

It's also accessible, built right into MC, if you use an IRMAN or USB-UIRT, since MC has plugins built in for those. I'm guessing the only way to get it to work with the MCE remote without Girder is to write an MC plugin for the MCE remote.

I'm starting to think though that I'm just going to start using Girder again. There's a bunch of things I'd like to be able to do from the remote that I wouldn't be able to do even with an MCE plugin.
Pages: [1]   Go Up