INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: closing Media Center kills firefox (v3 beta) [solved]  (Read 1173 times)

JustinChase

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Getting older every day
closing Media Center kills firefox (v3 beta) [solved]
« on: December 14, 2007, 09:34:15 am »

Pretty much every time I close MC, I get an error about Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime error, points to the firefox.exe file, and tells me there has been an error, and it must close Firefox.

I know this seems like an obvious Firefox error, and it probably is, but it only happens when I close Media Center, and pretty much always when I close Media Center.

This is on a newly formatted drive with a fresh install of Firefox 3 (not upgraded from an older version), and a fresh install of Media Center as of about 2 weeks ago, Build 368 maybe.

I am running the CCCP media codec pack and QT Lite and RP Lite codec packs also.

Here are system details...

Media Center Registered 12.0.391 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 12\

Microsoft Windows XP 5.1 Service Pack 3, v.3244 (Build 2600)
Intel Core 2 1657 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 1038 MB, Free - 425 MB

Internet Explorer: 7.0.5730.13 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82.2900 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.0.2900 / Shell32.dll: 6.0.2900 / wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   Drive D: HL-DT-STDVD+-RW GSA-T21N  Mode:ModeSecure  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No 

Burning /  Drive D: HL-DT-ST DVD+-RW GSA-T21N   Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:24  MaxSpeed:24  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes
  Use playback settings: No /

Interface Plugins:
  last.fm (Active)
  Library Server (Active)
  TiVo Server (Active)
  UPnP Server (Active)
pretend this is something funny

JustinChase

• MC Beta Team
Re: closing Media Center kills firefox (v3 beta)
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2007, 09:36:01 am »

Quick update, it seems it's only doing this the first time I close Media Center, opening Firefox (to write the post above) and MC again(to get the system details), then closing MC again did not give me that error.

I'll restart they system and check again.

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2007, 09:50:29 am »

You don't have FoxyTunes or any other Plugins that work with the web browser installed do you?
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

JustinChase

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2007, 11:11:23 am »

As a matter of fact, i do have FoxyTunes installed.  I didn't even think about that. :P

Is there any setting or anything that can be done to make them play nice together?  Or do I just need to live without FoxyTunes?  I don't think it will kill me to do so (at least not until they start letting me rate songs in FoxyTunes).

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2007, 11:57:28 am »

FoxyTunes is known to cause all kinds of weird problems.  You'd have to ask those developers, but I'd guess no.  It might be something they straighten out once v3.0 goes final.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/
Pages: [1]   Go Up