INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: getting music from media library through to recorder  (Read 1007 times)

buckey

• Recent member
getting music from media library through to recorder
« on: August 11, 2002, 04:57:29 pm »

Still need help. I have gotten music from cd to library. 5 tracks, some of which have multiple songs in the track. I would like to re-record these, splitting them into one track for each song so I can write them back to a CD. When I go to tools, recorder I have option of line in, cd, midi, etc as source. I have selected cd while trying to work from cd player and midi when playing from library but even through I have sound through sound card when I do auto sound check message says no sound. I have tried both digital and analog settings, but don't seem to have sound to recorder. I feel that I will have to use it and make manual breaks, since concert was live and applause confuses the auto track function. Thanks for help. Buckey again.

Fastyves

• World Citizen
  • Let me think about it !
RE:getting music from media library through to recorder
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2002, 09:37:03 am »

Hi Buckey,

Did go through the User's Guide of MediaJukebox ?

1. I have gotten music from cd to library

How did you get those tracks into the library (on your HD)?

2.  I have option of line in, cd, midi, etc as source

The recorder is supposed to be used t get tracks from non-cd media (like LP's, cassette, radio) into the library (on your HD), but not for the tracks that still are on your HD !!!

3. As answered in one of your previous thread, importing CD-Tracks
into your library should be done by ripping your CD (using "Options > Devices Settings > Use Digital Playback)and MediaJukebox will take care of the tracks splitting !

Yves.

buckey

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2002, 12:04:10 pm »

1.  I ripped CD, twice, using analog and digital. The tracks showed up in library each time. The original recording to CD was done from an LP which was a live concert. With the applause and talking between songs there isn't any silence marking a clean end to a song. Are you suggesting that jukebox can tell the difference between applause, words, and the music and will break the track into 4 individual songs? Thanks, Buckey

sekim

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2002, 12:44:26 pm »

No. Not if the original cd was recorded from an lp. It has probably been burned as one continuous wave. If that is the case it will not be recognised as seperate tracks.

Have you tried Media Editor? Or done a search on the Internet for other audio editing apps? I'm not sure, but I think one is Cool Edit.

Media Editor should be able to take apart a wave file if you mess with it long enough.

buckey

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2002, 01:25:21 pm »

When I tried Media Editor I ripped the tracks to to media library in uncompressed wav since that is what was needed as I understand it. When I go to Media Editor to open I don't know what to open. I tried data>mediafiles as well as a number of others but never found media library. I tried playlist and curplaylist and I get error message unable to connect, unable to download. It appears when I try to open one of these it wants to got back to main server. Even with anti-virus diaabled it still gives error message. jukebox works good for me with LPs and Tape but need something else for screwed up CDs I quess. Thanks for your help. Buckey

sekim

« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2002, 01:52:25 pm »

buckey,

With Media Editor you have to open the music file itself. Also, CLOSE MJ once Media Editor is running. There have been posts' here about bad manors when the two are opened together.

The 'Open' pop-up is asking where you have your file stored. Possibly in a folder called 'Music'?? You can check this from within MJ by clicking on Options and seeing just where you have told MJ to store your files. Select the one you want and play around with the features in Media Editor. Note - If you screw something up delete it and re-rip. You still have the original on cd. That is by far one of the greatest things about digital music. Don't like it, try again. It is only data until you make a hard copy to disc or whatever.

The best thing you can do is get your hands dirty with some of this stuff. As long as the dog doesn't chew up your disc, or the kids use it as a frisbee, you can re-do as many times as necessary.

And don't forget ti get your hands dirty.  

buckey

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2002, 02:50:03 pm »

For Machine Head. You finally got me on the right track. I thank you. Now I am getting my hands dirty. Buckey
Pages: [1]   Go Up