INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How do you associate cover art with appropriate files?  (Read 1801 times)

cunger

• Recent member
How do you associate cover art with appropriate files?
« on: January 31, 2008, 04:10:36 pm »

My cover art folder has hundreds of files with complicated coded file names which do NOT indicate which album they represent. I can click on them and see which album they represent, but that is highly laborious given that I have about 2000 albums and over 20,000 songs.

Is there a way of associating the appropriate cover art with the right audio file all at once in a large batch? 

Thanks

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Cosmic Bird
Re: How do you associate cover art with appropriate files?
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2008, 04:32:14 pm »

Maybe a house robot with a visual recognition system could compare the visual image contents with a database of all available album covers and rename the files using the [Album Artist (auto)] - [Album] naming rule. A similar system is used for identifying finger prints.

Unfortunately the robot is not available yet. (It is scheduled to be released in 2031). Also, someone would need to create a database that could be used for that purpose...  ;D.

Seriously, did you previously have the image files associated with audio files in MC? What happened to that database?
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

dcwebman

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2008, 05:45:02 am »

What I would do is just make a new cover art folder, select all files, and do a cover art Get From Internet to get new ones. I'm finding that a lot of covers are there now instead of having to search the web for them. That should reduce the number needed by quite a bit and then since you can see the ones you do have, you can copy over the missing ones.
Jeff

cunger

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2008, 09:04:40 pm »

Thanks-- I'll try this....

cunger

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2008, 09:26:21 pm »

Actually, I  find that my cover art photo-- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 12\Cover Art-- has more than 2000 album covers in it, none of which are displayed.

What is the best way to get them associated with the appropriate songs? The files have numbered code name, so its incredibly laborious to figure out which file goes where.

Can I do a batch cut and past into another file--and which file would that be?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2008, 09:40:29 pm »

Set your cover art directory in MC Options/File Locations.

Then select the tracks, right click, choose Cover Art, then Quick Find.

cunger

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2008, 10:19:12 pm »

Right--I'm now able to do that.

But it only seems to work if I do it one album at a time and find it in the file myself. Is there any way to do all of them at once in a batch command--I have about 2000 albums.

Thanks

hit_ny

• nothing more to say...
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2008, 12:02:41 am »

The short answer is No, for reasons Alex explained.

I've always kept cover art in THE album folder. Provided there is just one pic/album MC can associate it automatically, otherwise you still have to do it manually.
Pages: [1]   Go Up