INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: DVD image not centered  (Read 802 times)

MrHaugen

• Citizen of the Universe
DVD image not centered
« on: December 16, 2007, 03:02:54 pm »

When playing DVD the image is too low to view any of the text. It seems to be about 20% off.
It have been fine for a long while. Not sure how it got messed up. Playback of avi, mpg and similar seems to be just fine.

Normally I switch between "No aspect ratio correction" for DVD, and "Keep original aspect ratio" for divx playback. This only helps with the width.
The problem remains even if I turn all ffdshow settings off. The zoom is set at 40% (Fit to window). Can't get it smaller.
Only thing I can do to view the text is to set the aspect ratio during playback to 1.33 (or othe panoramic and stretched modes). But that look very stretched. But the vertical positioning seems to be alot better.
When the menu bar is showing, the sides of the image is still touching the edges (width is the same), while the height changes. That was not the normal behavior before.

Anyone got any idea as to what this can be, and why it's only like this on DVD's?
- I may not always believe what I'm saying

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: DVD image not centered
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2007, 05:34:11 pm »

Remember you can left-click and drag to move the image around if you're zoomed.

You can also use the OSD (with up, down, left, right) to check or change the scroll and zoom.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

MrHaugen

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2007, 01:46:41 am »

Remember you can left-click and drag to move the image around if you're zoomed.

You can also use the OSD (with up, down, left, right) to check or change the scroll and zoom.

Totally forgot about the ability to drag the image. Just fear that it'll distort the, now good position of divx and others.
I hope I can live with a middle value. I'll try it out when I get home.
Thanks

MrHaugen

« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2007, 01:54:55 pm »

I'm glad to say I was wrong. Just ran into a bad DVD that's all. The one that I was watching obviously had very strange/bad vertical position.
Other DVD's seems to be just fine.
Pages: [1]   Go Up