INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cover art question  (Read 1864 times)

accanada

• Recent member
Cover art question
« on: December 19, 2007, 05:30:14 pm »

I have several songs that show no pciture album/cover art yet show they have an image file embedded in the tag.  Also I have artists that have multiple songs and they all show album art and show only one image file number while others show one image file number for the same cover art applied to more than one song...are you confused..me too!

Let says i simply want to add the same cover art to all KISS songs to save space rather than downlad several differnt art.  Shoud it not just show me one image file even thou its applied to several songs..do i always have to copy to clipboard and paste or can i not drag?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Cover art question
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2007, 05:50:54 pm »

You can select multiple files and paste one image to them.

What build of MC are you using?

accanada

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2007, 05:33:50 am »

current build

whaat about the image file embedded but not showing?

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2007, 06:00:35 am »

current build

what about the image file embedded but not showing?

Did you try "Update Library (from tags)" ?

What is the "Image File" field value? (You can add the field to AW>Tag or as a new column to a file list.)

Can you see the image anywhere? The thumbnails in the album and file list views come from MC's internal thumbnail cache. The displayed image in the "Cover Art" visualization comes from the file directly. Also "AW>Tag>Expanded Image display (click the small image on the top left corner to expand it)" shows the cover art image directly from the disk file.

Are you sure that the file has correctly embedded image? What is the audio file format and what program was used for embedding?
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

accanada

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2007, 03:46:34 pm »

When I look at the tag under image file its says Inside file - which i ASSUME means its been embedded
and i also assume that once its been embedded in the tag that other programs can see that info as well?

Although some art seems to have been stored in Application data/jrive/cover art - for those I would like to embeed the data to eliminate those files. Is there a way to do this?

There seems to be some somgs that MC is unable to locate the art for..therefore I have been using HELIUM (sorry for using a bad word) to get the art Im missing - but again IT (the other program) finds the art i need and i see it there but MC then cant see it even after I update the library from the tag info or rebiuld the thumbnails..

accanada

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2007, 03:53:30 pm »

Also

I added the image file, thumbnail large and small to show in the columns.  In the image file colomn many show numbers whcih i am assuming is related to the artwork stored, some show nothing wich i assume is because it has no image, small thumbnail column shows a yellow music symbol

accanada

• Recent member
Really need help - Id be willing to pay for support
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2007, 11:51:34 am »

See previous

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2007, 11:57:31 am »

What is the question?

ama_mmmc

• World Citizen
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2007, 02:32:03 pm »

My guess would be a huge leep, but maybe "see previous" was like "Bump".  Like I said huge leep, but thought I might throw it out there.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2007, 02:53:32 pm »

Try updating.  MC12.0.400 is at the top of the MC12 board.

Then report any details you can.
Pages: [1]   Go Up