INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cover Art\Paste From Clipboard also saves image to disk  (Read 1038 times)

rjm

• Citizen of the Universe
Cover Art\Paste From Clipboard also saves image to disk
« on: December 20, 2007, 02:19:13 am »

When imbedding artwork in a file's tags using the command Cover Art\Paste From Clipboard it also saves a copy of the image file to the cover art folder.

Given that the artwork is inside the file and an external image file is not required I think this behavior is wrong.

This is not something new, it has been doing this for a long time and I am forever deleting files left behind by this otherwise very useful function.

rossp

• MC Beta Team
Re: Cover Art\Paste From Clipboard also saves image to disk
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2007, 04:37:08 am »

I think this is how it should work as explorer can also see the cover art if you browse arround that way.

Ross

rossp

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2007, 04:41:02 am »

However if you import the files and they have the cover art in the tag the Folder.jpg file does not get written.
This is inconsistent IMHO.

Ross

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2007, 06:27:23 am »

On import MC does not alter the media file tags or create new cover art files. This is by design.

When cover art is embedded manually MC creates a backup copy to the specified cover art location. This too is by design. The developers thought that it is better to also have a separate file on the disk in case something happens to the file tags. It stores only one new file per each album so the assumption is that the used amount of disk space is negligible. The importance of the backup copy can be debated.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

rjm

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2007, 12:07:34 pm »

My most common application of this function is to add cover art to podcasts that do not come with cover art. After downloading the first episode I go and find some appropriate artwork and imbed it. Thereafter, each time I download a new episode I simply go to the previous epiosode and use Cover Art\Copy to Clipboard and then Paste From Clipboard into the new episode.

So in my mind I already have a backup in the tags of previous episodes.

Anyway, glad to know this behavor is by design.
Pages: [1]   Go Up