INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Problems burning .m4a in playlists  (Read 815 times)

ddrase

Problems burning .m4a in playlists
« on: January 22, 2008, 10:22:39 am »

Howdy-

I finally got all my .m4a and .m4p files to play correctly by disabling the direct show driver and using quicktime instead. I made myself a playlist, dragged the files down to be burned and encountered a weird problem.

Of the 18 files in the playlist, only 11 of them burned to the disc. Upon further inspection, the 6 that did not burn, just so happened to be .m4a files. Has anyone else encountered something similar to this? Like I said, the files play fine within MC12, but they do not burn correctly to disc.

ddrase

Re: Problems burning .m4a in playlists
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2008, 04:12:49 pm »

Agh! I'm the only one with this problem then?

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2008, 04:27:17 pm »

I fixed my m4a problems by switching to DirectShow from QuickTime. Interesting that you did the other way around. Do you know what DS filters MC used for m4a playback? Maybe your installed filters were not good. (m4p can work only through QT because of DRM.)

the 6 that did not burn, just so happened to be .m4a files

QT doesn't send anything back to MC. There is no way to burn the files to an audio CD. With DS decoding burning should be possible.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2008, 05:10:38 pm »

If you use DirectShow for m4a playback, you will be able to burn m4a tracks. m4p generally can only be played in Quicktime, and can not be burned.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up