INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ripping CDs--won't show individual tracks  (Read 806 times)

fossiliferous

Ripping CDs--won't show individual tracks
« on: January 11, 2008, 09:18:43 am »

When I first started using Media Center 12 to rip CDs it would rip one track at a time and store each individual track within the album folder.  I recently started ripping CDs again after a long hiatus and noticed that it now rips the entire CD and each track simultaneously rather than sequentially.  That would be OK but unfortunately it does not store or display each individual track or file within the album folder.  Instead, it stores the artwork file and one single album file within the album folder.  How can I make it store or display each track like it used to?  Please help!

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Cosmic Bird
Re: Ripping CDs--won't show individual tracks
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2008, 09:33:56 am »

It is optional. You can find the option here:

Options > CD & DVD > Advanced Ripping Options > File Management > Rip to single file with cue rather than separate files

The default setting is "disabled" (i.e. MC creates separate track files), but maybe someone has changed it without you knowing.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Cosmic Bird
Re: Ripping CDs--won't show individual tracks
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2008, 09:59:39 am »

In addition, you may want to check this thread out:

Topic: How can I ensure quality of a ripped music file

The thread is quite old, but the advanced ripping options have not changed. The mentioned "small glitch" has been fixed, I think...
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755
Pages: [1]   Go Up