INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can I duplicate or clone a smartlist and paste it into another group?  (Read 937 times)

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe

Is there a way to duplicate a Smartlists (not just the list or tracks, but the actual set of rules) and paste a copy into a different group?  I'm running into situations where I want to re-use some smartlists in other smartlist "groups," and I have to keep re-creating them in order to do this.  It would make things easier if I could duplicate or "clone" a smartlist, but I don't know if this is possible in MC.

This would also help with situations where I want to experiment with smartlists and see what I can come up with.  Do I have to start from scratch every time, or can I clone an existing list and continue from there?

Thanks,

Larry

Jonas

• World Citizen
Re: Can I duplicate or clone a smartlist and paste it into another group?
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2008, 07:24:32 am »

Drag it to a new location using the right mouse button (not the left one) and select "Copy" in the menu that appears.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2008, 10:21:16 am »

Jonas is right, except that left-click drag also gives you the menu.

We removed the difference between left and right-click drag a while back when we realized so few people knew both existed.

Remember that you can also multi-select in the playlist section of the tree to bulk move playlists.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2008, 07:27:43 pm »

Thanks for the information on this.  I'm surprised I didn't figure this out -- I guess I was looking for a menu or right click option to duplicate a smartlist rather than just dragging and dropping one.

Larry
Pages: [1]   Go Up