INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Some "karaoke" functionality  (Read 1325 times)

p7389

• World Citizen
Some "karaoke" functionality
« on: December 31, 2007, 08:30:30 pm »

Sometimes I like to sing along a bit with my tunes. It'd be cool if MC could connect to the mic and output that into the speakers. I don't know if this is possible though. Some years ago I tried to get the mic input into the speakers, but to no avail...

Also, another thing that would be extremely cool would be if MC could do on-the-fly vocal-removal and playback of any file. After all, it already can do on-the-fly conversions to other formats - "all" that is needed additionaly is some filter removing the center material (perhaps a setting or two). Yes, many times the result is crap, but sometimes it sort of works sort of adequately. But I can never be bothered to go through the whole process of going into an audio editing progam and doing it, not knowing beforehand if that effort will be worth anything. If MC could do this on the fly, you could easily give it a try with any song you care to.

Well, I don't know if this is at all feasible, and if it takes to much work from other, more important features, it's not worth it. But the possibility intrigues me.
[img width= height= alt=My Top Albums]http://lastfm.obsessive-media.de/3month/7x1/p7389.jpeg[/img]

StFeder

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Fight! You may win. If you don't, you already lost
Re: Some "karaoke" functionality
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2008, 05:55:32 am »

Sometimes I like to sing along a bit with my tunes. It'd be cool if MC could connect to the mic and output that into the speakers. I don't know if this is possible though. Some years ago I tried to get the mic input into the speakers, but to no avail...

If I get you right this isn't a cause of MC it's just a question of the sound settings within Windows. I allready did some singing with mic and MC ;)

BTW: I first thougt MC doesn't work for that because it sounds ugly... but then I noticed it was my voice :-\
Pages: [1]   Go Up