INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: iPod won't sync with 12.0.438  (Read 1915 times)

Raphoune

• Junior Woodchuck
iPod won't sync with 12.0.438
« on: February 21, 2008, 10:04:52 am »

Hi !
I've got a big iPod syncing problem since I've installed 12.0.438 : it does not work anymore. Here is what happened :
  My iPod (v5.5, 30 Go) had been synced with a previous version (I can't tell you which exactly, but a recent one). When I plugged it in and opened MC 12.0.438, all the tracks were "In queue". It seemed strange, but I thought that you might have done major changes needing full sync. So I synced. But there was not enough disk space on the iPod, though I had not made any change in the track list to sync.
  So I tried to sync with a new playlist containing only 5 tracks. It seemed to work : no error message in MC, but I did not eject the iPod to see the result. Still there was 13Go of files in the Music directory. That explains the "insufficient space" message : MC was trying to add every track a second time instead of updating them.
  I deleted all the content of the Music folder manually and tried to delete the tracks in MC and then resync. MC said "OK", but no track appeared in the Music folder.
  I turned on the iPod : the library is full with thousands of songs I had before sync, but of course he can't read any, as I deleted every file ^^

Any idea on what happens ? There used to be an option to fully reinitialize the iPod, but I can't find it. "Rebuild database" does not change anything...

Thanks !

Raph

SwellGuy

Re: iPod won't sync with 12.0.438
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2008, 11:53:23 am »

Try initializing the iPod. Right-click on the iPod in the tree and pick 'Initialize iPod' from the menu. This will wipe out the files and clear the database on the iPod. Then try re-syncing a small set of files at first to verify that it's working again before doing a full sync.

Raphoune

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2008, 01:16:46 pm »

Sorry, I can't see this option in the right-click menu. Here is what I have in this menu :

Sync Now
Option...
---------
Play
Add to playing now
---------
Explore
Rebuild database
---------
Remove & ignore device
Rename
Eject

Raphoune

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2008, 02:13:07 pm »

More info : The music was copied to the "H:\Music" directory instead of the "H:\iPod_Control\Music". Maybe it is not seen as an iPod but as another type of device ?...

SwellGuy

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2008, 02:17:34 pm »

MC doesn't recognize your iPod as an iPod. Restore the iPod with iTunes, and then in MC go to Tools > Options > Handhelds and run 'Redetect all devices' and then see if MC recognizes it as an iPod ("Initialize iPod" should be in the right-click menu).

Raphoune

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2008, 05:17:09 pm »

Arrrrgh got to install iTunes :( Well if it's the only way to solve the problem... Thanks for the help, I'll tell you the result tomorrow.

Raph
Pages: [1]   Go Up