INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: .ASF Files  (Read 980 times)

boydn

• Galactic Citizen
.ASF Files
« on: January 02, 2008, 05:46:44 pm »

Can I or How do I get .ASF files to import?  Don't see it in the filter selection.
Thanks

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Dogs of the world unite!
Re: .ASF Files
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2008, 06:04:34 pm »

Asf type is among the types played in DirectShow. There is no need to do anything special as the type is played using Microsoft filters.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

boydn

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2008, 02:04:36 am »

I thought that's what I read but, when I import files from the folder everything shows up except the two .ASF files.
Thanks for the quick responce!!

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2008, 09:40:44 am »

You are welcome.

A little clarification: Asf is in the list for DirectShow playback, and by default the checkbox is checked (it makes no sense not to play it in DirectShow except when you choose to play videos in WMP engine). You can select filters for this type if you want to.

What is contained in the asf file (audio or video)? It is conceivable that the media maybe misclassified as audio when it is video, or vice versa. In rare cases it may even be classified as Data (if for some reason the DirectShow graph did not work during import). Try take a look in other media types to see if the file is imported with wrong type. If that is the case, you can manually change the type to its correct value.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up