INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New Visualization/Track Info interface  (Read 3269 times)

John Gateley

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Nice haircut
New Visualization/Track Info interface
« on: January 04, 2008, 04:27:13 pm »

In Media Center 12.0.405, I changed the GetInterface automation function. It used to take a single parameter, the name of the interface to get. Now it takes two: the name and a parameter. This only affects you if you have the new SDK (released towards the end of December, 2007).

j

elo

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: New Visualization/Track Info interface
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2008, 03:26:11 am »

John

This is probably not the right place but I have two questions I have tried to get answers to elsewere with no luck. I am not expecting a textbook but just to be pointed in the right direction. I am interfacing MC12 from Girder (LUA scripts) and I am able to use the automation functions. In short I am trying to change the active track-info template dynamicaly dependent on the current view mode. In windowed mode I would typical like to have a simplistic track-info template whilst in display mode I would like to have a track-info view full of details.

• Is it possible to get information of which is the current view mode throught the automation interface (or any other interface)? With view mode I mean display-view, fullscreen-view or windowed-view etc.
  • Is it possible to dynamicaly set the current active track-info template.

I have tried to manipulate the register entries (reading and writing them) but it is not enough to just change them and I do not understand how MC12 use these entries.

Rgrds
Ole

MrHaugen

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2008, 05:33:01 am »

Bingo. Hoping to acomplish this one day my self.
I was hoping J River team could make each view remember different plugins, but until then, Girder might be the way to go.
- I may not always believe what I'm saying

elo

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2008, 02:25:24 am »

Well don't raise your hopes too high as I have posted this questions several places and there is NO answer what so ever! Should think someone know if this is possible!!!! :(

Men vi nordmenn får holde sammen!

Ole

John Gateley

• Nice haircut
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2008, 09:35:04 am »

I don't believe it is possible to find out which view mode the player is in through automation or events.

Track Info selection is done inside the player, the only access to it is currently through the UI.

j

elo

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2008, 01:42:18 am »

Thank you John.

Is it not even possible though low level win functions through LUA or the windows conditional in Girder? But I guess it is of little use as long as it is not possible to change the current track-info template externaly. It is of course possible to emulate the use of the mouse through girder ut this is messy and not very elegant. Will the  current active track-info template always be written int the registry?

I will play around a little with this and tell you if I manage to fix it...   

A remark and a wish is that in future versions of MC it should be possible to detect current window mode as well as to change it through automation. It should also be possible to change all major element of the GUI, beeing one of the main things people are interested in controling

Ole

John Gateley

• Nice haircut
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2008, 11:42:58 am »

Thanks for the ideas. I don't have a lot of time to spend here, but I'll try to get some of these done.

j
Pages: [1]   Go Up