INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Request: Version displayed in 'Programs' for Windows XP  (Read 792 times)

dlmax63

• World Citizen
Request: Version displayed in 'Programs' for Windows XP
« on: January 07, 2008, 10:46:01 am »

This is not a big deal but it sure would be easy when publishing an update to MC.....

To more easily identify in XP which Media Center executable is to be used for a particular file type is it possible to set the "Product Name" and "Internal Name" fields to include the upper level version number? (The reason I say both fields is because I don't know which field is displayed in the 'programs' box when selecting the program to use for a particular extension. This is accessed in XP using Windows Explorer by going to "Tools--Folder_Options--File_Types". Select the file extension then in the "Details for extension" area select the "Change" button.)

The reason I ask is that I have both v12 & v11 on my machine and since the executables for each both display "Media Center", it is impossible to tell which one to choose without browsing to the file.
Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day!

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Request: Version displayed in 'Programs' for Windows XP
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2008, 10:32:34 am »

How about retiring Media Center 11?
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

dlmax63

• World Citizen
Re: Request: Version displayed in 'Programs' for Windows XP
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2008, 05:43:31 pm »

I can't remember the circumstance,...but I've had times when v12 has frozen yet v11 is still functional. Also, I can leave my wife's login set to default to v11 and then as I do updates on v12 I don't have to 'fix' hers because she isn't an administrator.
Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day!
Pages: [1]   Go Up