INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Change default mpg player, when directshow is disabled  (Read 1266 times)

rebecca1

• Recent member
Change default mpg player, when directshow is disabled
« on: January 05, 2008, 08:21:40 am »

I have some problems playing certain mpg files (from nebula digitv - recorded in dvd compatibility mode) using directshow system. Most work fine whilst some lock up, many other apps incuding powerdvd play them fine however.

What I wanted to do was to play mpg files with powerdvd and whilst I've messed around with the filters and graphedit, I can't seem to get directshow to play them.

My alternative is to turn off directshow (untick the filetype) in the settings and let it default - but this results into it playing in realplayer which I don't like.

I've looked to see what mc defaults to if directshow is disable but just can't seem to find anything, can anyone cast any light?

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Dogs of the world unite!
Re: Change default mpg player, when directshow is disabled
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2008, 10:09:12 am »

Have you installed CCCP? MPV decoder installed with CCCP works well with MPEG files.

There actually is no alternative player for MPG files (inspite of user being able to uncheck MPG in DirectShow types). You will have to use right-click, "Send to" to invoke external players.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

rebecca1

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2008, 12:25:43 pm »

Yes I have cccp installed, its not that it won't play mpeg its that I can't get it to play some specifc mpegs, they freeze during playback. Powerdvd & nero will play them without problem.

I was just a little confused why when I deselect mpg in directshow settings in mc, that it tries to play with real player, when my explorer association is for powerdvd.

rebecca1

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2008, 08:17:08 am »

I've finally worked out playing them directshow, sorry if I seem to ask stupid questions.

Caught a comment about nero splitter from the forum, selected that and all seems well, could have sworn I'd tried it, but now plays my rogue mpgs :)

thanks for the help   :D
Pages: [1]   Go Up