INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: CoverArt for TV Stations  (Read 1287 times)

statious

• Recent member
CoverArt for TV Stations
« on: January 06, 2008, 12:10:49 pm »

Now since I have the TV working thanks to Yab, I have my wife hooked on the idea of having the HTPC for everyday use. I may actually be able to ditch the cable box. The one aesthetic thing that she hates is two fold. She dislikes just the channel number. Is it possible to first name each channel (i.e. 45 - Cartoon Network) and then set an image to display for each channel which would probably be the logo (weather chan, cartoon network, CNN, etc)?

benn600

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Living: Santa Monica CA Hometown: Cedar Rapids IA
Re: CoverArt for TV Stations
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2008, 12:32:47 pm »

Many people have asked for this.  I would also like it.

Would you mind explaining your setup?  Do you have cable?  To use with MC, are you sort of required to get Cable?  What about DirectTV?  It seems like that wouldn't work.  With cable you just connect the coax to your tuner and select cable, right?  Are there any issues I should know about?  We may end up getting something (cable) if it would work well like you suggest.

I'm going through the same thing you are.  We have all our DVDs on our server and am gradually working HTPCs in all around the house.  No more DVD players or anything (at some point)!

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2008, 02:03:46 pm »

You can edit the names by going to Drives & Devices --> Tv Tuner --> Options --> Then right click on the station you want to rename.
JRiver CEO Elect

statious

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2008, 03:03:35 pm »

Many people have asked for this.  I would also like it.

Would you mind explaining your setup?  Do you have cable?  To use with MC, are you sort of required to get Cable?  What about DirectTV?  It seems like that wouldn't work.  With cable you just connect the coax to your tuner and select cable, right?  Are there any issues I should know about?  We may end up getting something (cable) if it would work well like you suggest.

I'm going through the same thing you are.  We have all our DVDs on our server and am gradually working HTPCs in all around the house.  No more DVD players or anything (at some point)!

We have cable (coax) but my card is capable of HD OTA reception and I just ordered a HD antenna to see how that works. I have seen a lot of people using Tivo and DirectTV via their HTPC. I am not sure how that would work via MC12 but I am certain some scripting would be necessary to get it to work. Finally with a clear tv picture, about the only thing I am missing is the guide and I could dump the cable box. At this point, I am still content with just having MC12 to be an all inclusive media playback frontend/backend. I was a Microsoft junky before I switched, but what MC12 offers to those willing to dive in is great!

newsposter

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2008, 03:10:33 pm »

Excuse me for asking this as I haven't actually played too much with the TV feature set, but can I associate a graphic file for each a TV channel instead of a 'number'?

statious

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2008, 03:16:47 pm »

That is what we are trying to figure out. As of yet, I have not found away (but that does not mean there is not one). We could by-pass the entire issue if we could link up with a tv guide (hint-hint) :)

benn600

« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2008, 04:00:35 pm »

I wonder if you could hand edit the thumbnails database and sneak a thumbnail in there?

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2008, 04:47:53 pm »

Currently MC12's, TV Section does not support:
- Thumbnails
- EPG (Electronic Program Guides)
- IR Blasters (the ability to control thirdparty boxes with IR transmitters so you can control these items)

but who knows what the future will bring as the whole PVR section has come along way in the last 12 months....
JRiver CEO Elect

benn600

« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2008, 06:02:28 pm »

You are very right.  I started with MC back with MC 11 and I'd like to reinstall it sometime to see what we have today compared to back then!  That was only about a year ago, too!  I always look forward to new releases (duh).
Pages: [1]   Go Up