INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Theater view fourth view mode?  (Read 1131 times)

benn600

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Living: Santa Monica CA Hometown: Cedar Rapids IA
Theater view fourth view mode?
« on: January 09, 2008, 01:49:51 am »

I long for a fourth view method in theater view.  Lineup is amazing but can waste too much space in certain cases.  Thumbnails are great when there is only one item under the category.

FYI: I'm using the path as the method for finding.  I have things classified under folders.  For example: Spider-Man is under Movies/Spider-Man/Spider-Man [1, 2, 3].  So as you can see there would be 3 movies under Spider-man (plus the 2nd disc on some of them).  So for Spider-Man, lineup works great.  But for a movie where only one fits (no sequel or related movies), the lineup takes the whole line and wastes space.

I'm simply asking for ideas to blend the two and then we can ask for the new view mode.

I personally don't use the third mode that just lists files.

To start the conversation: I was thinking something that created basically two-thumbnail wide thumbnails (2 could be set to 2, 3, 4, etc.).  Even better would be simply block elements that sorta filled in from top down.  So single movie items would be a single unit of size while more filled categories would take 2, 3, or more thumbnail positions.  If the next category is too wide, it would force the previous to fill horizontally (blank space) and then just drop to the next line.

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
Re: Theater view fourth view mode?
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2008, 09:03:27 am »

How about sticking to one thumbnail, but displaying your playlist/file comments next to the thumbnail in the views where only one item is shown per line..

E.g. next to Battlestar Galactica: "The Cylons were created by man. They rebelled...."

statious

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2008, 12:55:11 pm »

That could really help for synopsis of movies and videos that we had discussed earlier. Though I have to admit without an automated function, that would honestly suck to sit down and copy/paste the information for every DVD. It would really help for TV DVDs that have set episodes.

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2008, 01:01:08 pm »

That could really help for synopsis of movies and videos that we had discussed earlier. Though I have to admit without an automated function, that would honestly suck to sit down and copy/paste the information for every DVD. It would really help for TV DVDs that have set episodes.

If the function were there, I'd be tempted to use it. It could also be a lifesaver....
"Darling, I'd love to shopping for drapes and then visit your parents, but I have all these TV shows to fill in the info for."

benn600

• Living: Santa Monica CA Hometown: Cedar Rapids IA
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2008, 01:09:35 pm »

Would be nice if multiple discs for the same season could only show the thumbnail once.  In lineup for a show (Family Guy), it shows all the same cover art times 3 for a *volume* and then the next.  Would be nice if there was some way to recognize that the cover art files are the same.  What if MC calculated a CRC value for cover art and then it'd know if it's the same cover art and wouldn't show it twice in these circumstances.
Pages: [1]   Go Up