INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: WISH: Load and save of view schemes  (Read 1628 times)

ChrisRainman

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
WISH: Load and save of view schemes
« on: October 14, 2006, 05:57:20 am »

Since years I wish to see an option to load and save the view scheme settings. Defining the same panes for different view schemes is always a lot of work. At least, it should be possible to apply a mother view scheme to child view schemes.

Why couldn't this be handled in the same way as for "Customize current view"?

hit_ny

• Citizen of the Universe
  • nothing more to say...
Re: WISH: Load and save of view schemes
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2006, 07:58:15 am »

Why stop there only, make library backup remember all these details, so the next time you restore to a new build, all is as it was. I can't remember when i would like to use exactly the same sort presets in another viewscheme, but the amt of times i lose these between builds is more obvious.

Favorites to be saved, as well as sort presets etc..all(!) in the backup.

It's been a few versions (9,10,11, now 12) , one would think, things are more stable now.

dcwebman

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2008, 08:24:02 am »

Since years I wish to see an option to load and save the view scheme settings. Defining the same panes for different view schemes is always a lot of work. At least, it should be possible to apply a mother view scheme to child view schemes.

I tried to find a way to save a view scheme, just one, so I could load it in another library. Was anything ever done to allow saving and loading of view schemes?
Jeff

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2008, 09:28:36 am »

In case anyone doesn't know, you can drag-n-drop view schemes, and choose to move or copy on drop.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Jaguu

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2008, 04:01:55 pm »

In case anyone doesn't know, you can drag-n-drop view schemes, and choose to move or copy on drop.

How can that be done between two libraries? I often would like to have some view schemes of one library copied over to another library. Never found out how this could be accomplished ? Is some copy-paste possible after switching to another library?

Pages: [1]   Go Up