INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Show albums containing...  (Read 885 times)

darichman

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Show albums containing...
« on: March 28, 2008, 06:54:42 am »

Hi guys...

Does anyone know how (or if it is possible) to show all files belonging to albums containing a value for a particular field?

Let me explain with an example... I want to display all albums that I am in (ie [People] tag contains "Chris")

BUT, I don't just want to display all the files I'm in, I want to display the whole album, whether I'm in the photo or not, as long as I'm somewhere there in that album
This way I can quickly select albums to share with friends, based on whether or not they appear in the album...

hit_ny

• nothing more to say...
Re: Show albums containing...
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2008, 12:37:17 pm »

Let me explain with an example... I want to display all albums that I am in (ie [People] tag contains "Chris")

BUT, I don't just want to display all the files I'm in, I want to display the whole album, whether I'm in the photo or not, as long as I'm somewhere there in that album

You have to think of it backwards

- show me all files with [People] tag contains "Chris"

- Expand to full albums from those files by adding ~a to the end.

Worky ?

darichman

• MC Beta Team
Re: Show albums containing...
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2008, 06:46:39 pm »

Thankyou! Yes it worked perfectly...

I will add that little "~a" modifier to my repertoire of MC things to remember... I honestly didn't know about that :)
Thanks for your help

Edit: Another Question - Can we do the "expand to whole album" thing for other fields as well?
I have a lot of albums names that appear in more than one year... would love to do this but base it on [Year - Album] instead of [Album]
Pages: [1]   Go Up