INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: TagArt to Folder.jpg  (Read 1163 times)

rossp

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
TagArt to Folder.jpg
« on: April 30, 2008, 03:56:44 am »

Hi all,

I like to have the album art stored in the MP3 tag and in the Folder.jpg file. All my music is stored in the folder structure F:\My Music\Artist\Album so this makes sense to me. It just means that windows explorer gets the artwork correctly.

To this end I have modified PeterO's source code which he kindly gave me. Thanks Peter.

The program will recurse starting at the folder you specify looking at the first mp3's tag album art in each folder. If the overwrite check box is checked then all Folder.jpg files will be overwritten. If not only missing Folder.jpg will be created. A log file is created that details what has been done.

But be aware that you need to have the freeware dll AudioGenie2.dll from http://www.audiogenie.de.

There is a tick box in the app to download the dll if required from my site.

I have made an installer that checks for the needed '.NET Framework 3.5' and 'Windows Installer 3.1' and sets them up as appropriate.

I have tested this as much as I can on Windows XP SP2 and Vista SP1, but use at your own risk.

http://rplews.gotadsl.co.uk/TagArt-To-Folder/publish.htm

Give it a try and tell me what you think.

...Ross

Peter_T

• Galactic Citizen
Re: TagArt to Folder.jpg
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2008, 06:25:37 am »

It's early, maybe I'm missing something - doesn't MC do this already?  How is this different than the second option under File Location -> Cover Art?

rossp

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: TagArt to Folder.jpg
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2008, 06:28:55 am »

Hi Peter,

MC does not always create the Folder.jpg file. I you import mp3's with the art in the tag MC does not create the folder.jpg. Also if the folder.jpg exists but is small (damaged by WMP) then this can re-create it from the good tagart.

Ross
Pages: [1]   Go Up