INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Logitech Wireless DJ  (Read 913 times)

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Logitech Wireless DJ
« on: January 15, 2008, 10:09:01 pm »

Is there any way to use the Logitech Wireless DJ with MC 12?
It normally uses iTunes or WMP libraries, but can play back with either (including playing an iTunes library in WM and vice versa). I love this little gadget, and would be sad to lose it if I start using MC 12 for audio as well as video. So much so that I may consider using 2 duplicate libraries to keep the option of using the Wireless DJ.

Info on Wireless DJ: http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/70/457&cl=ca,en

I currently store my music on my desktop system and wirelessly stream it to the living room with this gadget. There's also a non-wireless mode by which you play via your local PC, but control everything with the remote, including seeing your playlists etc. I'd like to hook it up to the HTPC, so that I don't need to use my 61" screen just to listen to songs, select playlists etc.

hit_ny

• nothing more to say...
Re: Logitech Wireless DJ
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2008, 01:32:13 am »

Looks interesting but i think MC will need some sort of supporting software for it to work.

It has screen, does that imply there must be 2 way communication going on ?

How about an applet that works on a cell phone via say blue-tooth to do the same ?

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
Re: Logitech Wireless DJ
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2008, 09:19:49 am »

Yes the screen shows you all your library info like an iPod's screen. You can sort you library by the usual iPod/iTunes categories like album, artist, playlist, genre etc. The remote acts as a conduit for controlling what gets sent via bluetooth to the receiver, or to your soundcard in "local" mode. You can have more than one receiver as well and choose between "rooms" to send your music.

Perhaps a way to do this would be to export library info from MC to iTunes and then just use the wireless DJ as intended. Can MC save playlists/library info in a way iTunes understands seamlessly? If not, I guess I could always just use another 80GB of space and duplicate my files.... or refuse to let iTunes organise my music (which MC will do), and just be able to see it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up