INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: printing an index page of the selected images  (Read 1472 times)

ShayB

• Junior Woodchuck
printing an index page of the selected images
« on: January 10, 2008, 01:43:08 pm »

hello dear developing team,

Currently (in MC12) there is no way to control the amount of pictures in a printed page (index layout).
Can you fix it so that I can select the in_a_row X in_a_ column?

Shay

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: printing an index page of the selected images
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2008, 09:52:12 pm »

The image print wizard isn't really setup to allow custom sizes or page layouts.

However, we may be able to add another page layout choice if you can explain what you want.

Thanks.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

ShayB

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2008, 04:02:47 am »

Hi Matt,

What I want is an index printing like the one you already have excapt that I can control the amount of pictures in a single page (It is still an A4 size but I would like to stuff more pictures to that page to save ink and papers).
I use the index to show my camera shots to people (so they can select pictures from it).

The 2nd thing is that the current index layout doesn't add text to the images. I would like to control which field (at least the name of the image) will be printed under/over/on-the-size of the image (the font parameters can be taken from the options).

Shay

benn600

• Living: Santa Monica CA Hometown: Cedar Rapids IA
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2008, 12:57:23 pm »

Make a playlist of images and then the print screen will use those images to print (I think).  Although this is the less than amazing iTunes method...that's why you have to make a playlist to burn a CD.

benn600

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2008, 12:59:24 pm »

Sorry.  I missed the main issue.  Answer: make a playlist and put duplicate images in there.  So simply drag images to the playlist twice (three times)...that will be a quick solution.

ShayB

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2008, 09:20:34 am »

Answer: make a playlist and put duplicate images in there.  So simply drag images to the playlist twice (three times)...that will be a quick solution.

hi Benn600,
How does it help to create duplicates in a playlist?  ?
The original problem was that I want to print more images on a single paper (or on as less papers as the image shrinkage allow me without loosing the images' details) adding more images will only increase the amount of images to print (more pages)..

am I missing something here?

Shay

benn600

« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2008, 10:15:35 am »

If you put all the images in a playlist (a few times) then when you go to print, it uses the images each once so you'll get two copies of a single image.

Under print images, the bottom choice looks like a thumbnail index page.  Isn't that exactly what you want?

ShayB

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2008, 08:03:15 am »

Benn600 / Matt,
What I got is more pictures which evantually cost more pages to print them.

I want one copy of each photo. I have, let's say, 30 pictures in a playlist or other selection method.
I then go to print them as "index" or "wallet" which is the same but with different pricutre orientation.

I need two pages to print them. The 1st page with 24 pictures. The 2nd page with the last 6 pictures.

My original request was to be able to print (in this case) 30 pictures by specifying that I want 5 by 6 pictures layout on a one printer page...

Shay

benn600

« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2008, 10:23:07 am »

That's a more indepth request: basically on-the-fly creation of layouts for images.
Pages: [1]   Go Up