INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Logitech MX Air mouse  (Read 1696 times)

rjm

• Citizen of the Universe
Logitech MX Air mouse
« on: January 12, 2008, 01:23:15 am »

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/mice_pointers/mice/devices/3443&cl=us,en

Saw this in a store yesterday. Might be a nice way to control a HTPC and have access to a mouse when you need it. The box listed a bunch of media players it was compatible with. JRiver was not listed :(.

Anyone tried it?

AlAli

Re: Logitech MX Air mouse
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2008, 06:51:14 am »

I've used the Mx Air for about 6 months in MC. It works very well otb. You can also configure buttons to submit your own keyboard shortcuts.

Cheers,

AlAli

Robo983

• World Citizen
Re: Logitech MX Air mouse or Gyration Media Remote.
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2008, 08:37:13 am »

I use the Gyration Media Remote. For that price I think the Gyration is a better deal. I got my remote at CC for $60 online on sale and the keyboard combo for $99. It has all the bottons of a standard remote and the mouse built in. It also has the advantage of being able to jump to selections by using the number pad as text entry. I forgot what the feature is called but it is where you use the letters associated with the buttons like on a phone. It is also programable. It is much easier to use the mouse in MC than left right which ever one you pick.

http://www.gyration.com/c-3-remotes.aspx

JONCAT

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2008, 11:09:42 pm »

fyi - UberOptions has support for the MX Air.

DC

rjm

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2008, 11:48:48 pm »

fyi - UberOptions has support for the MX Air.

DC

Thanks for the tip. Have you got a link to UberOptions that works? Links I have found via google are dead.

JONCAT

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2008, 09:51:30 am »

wow, it was up last week. Just last night I may have deleted it from PC. Let me check tonight.

dC

MrHaugen

Re: Logitech MX Air mouse or Gyration Media Remote.
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2008, 11:40:46 am »

I use the Gyration Media Remote. For that price I think the Gyration is a better deal. I got my remote at CC for $60 online on sale and the keyboard combo for $99. It has all the bottons of a standard remote and the mouse built in. It also has the advantage of being able to jump to selections by using the number pad as text entry. I forgot what the feature is called but it is where you use the letters associated with the buttons like on a phone. It is also programable. It is much easier to use the mouse in MC than left right which ever one you pick.

http://www.gyration.com/c-3-remotes.aspx

You have'nt tried both have you? I got a gyration my self, and it works pretty well in MC, out of the box.
I have a problem programming the buttons for custom commands on the PC though. A little walkthrough or some hints would be GREATLY appreciated!
Also had a problem learning IR codes from my projector and reciever as well. It might have been the fact that I was drunk though :|
Got my self a Gefen scaler/switcher a few days ago. If I can't get the Gyration to work with them I ultimatly need another universal control, and then I might consider the MX Air mouse for MC control.
- I may not always believe what I'm saying
Pages: [1]   Go Up