INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Rebuild thumbnails after library restore  (Read 961 times)

StFeder

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Fight! You may win. If you don't, you already lost
Rebuild thumbnails after library restore
« on: January 18, 2008, 09:29:44 am »

For some reason I had to play around with some library backups the last time. After restoring a library I alway have to rebuild all thumbnails. Is it intended or a bug?? I'm using bulid 410.
Thanks for advice!

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
Re: Rebuild thumbnails after library restore
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2008, 09:33:02 am »

intended

Edit:

The thumbnails need to be exactly from the same "snapshot" with the library (i.e. fully synchronized).

You can back up the library folder and the related thumbnail folder manually if you want. Naturally MC must be closed when you do this. If you want to restore, you can replace both folders behind MC's back. The next time you start MC the restored library and the thumbnails will be synchronized.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

StFeder

• MC Beta Team
  • Fight! You may win. If you don't, you already lost
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2008, 09:56:09 am »

intended

Edit:

The thumbnails need to be exactly from the same "snapshot" with the library (i.e. fully synchronized).

You can back up the library folder and the related thumbnail folder manually if you want. Naturally MC must be closed when you do this. If you want to restore, you can replace both folders behind MC's back. The next time you start MC the restored library and the thumbnails will be synchronized.

Thanks Alex for your fast advice!

rjm

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2008, 11:14:26 am »

You can back up the library folder and the related thumbnail folder manually if you want. Naturally MC must be closed when you do this.

I sync both the library and thumbnail folders to my laptop to avoid having to rebuild all thumbnails when I use MC on my laptop.
Pages: [1]   Go Up