INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: One song keep crashing the program when ripping  (Read 1120 times)

djlefreak

• Recent member
  • Drink up me hearties-Yo Ho!
One song keep crashing the program when ripping
« on: January 17, 2008, 11:57:22 pm »

I'm trying to rip the Red Line CD by Trans AM. The 20 other tracks rip fine but when ever I try to rip track 19 Media Center abends at 83%. The song is only 30 seconds long. And it plays fine. The problem only occurs when ripping. Also, for some reason I can't rip in Analog. Ripping in Secure mode doesn't seem to help.

Any ideas?

~LeFreak

rjm

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: One song keep crashing the program when ripping
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2008, 12:43:28 am »

Try turning off analyze audio while ripping. The Analyze feature sometimes gets upset with short tracks.

djlefreak

• Recent member
  • Drink up me hearties-Yo Ho!
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2008, 01:26:27 am »

Fascinating. Yeah, that did it. Then when I tried to analyze it after ripping and it abended with a big boom. This sounds like a bug to me.

JohnT

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2008, 10:20:15 am »

So you have a short mp3 file that crashes when you try to run analysis on it? Please email the file to me and I'll take a look at it. I can't repro the problem here - I analyzed a bunch of short mp3 files without problems.

Thanks
johnt at jriver.com
John Thompson, JRiver Media Center

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2008, 10:50:39 am »

Suprisingly I found that album from my archive (I had forgotten it).

That specific track is "Getting Very Nervous". It starts with 2 s of silence and contains mostly drums that fade in slowly. MC's analyzer can't detect the BPM value, but it doesn't crash or behave erroneously anyhow.

My ripped MP3 tracks are from the year 2000 or 2001 and I may have lost the CD (can't find it anywhere quickly) so I can't try to reproduce the ripping problem just now.

Maybe djlefreak's version is different or the CD is broken somehow.

For testing purposes, it might be a good idea to post a lossless original version of the track (rip it e.g. in APE format) or perhaps both versions if the first rip was in a lossy format like MP3. The files would be quite small anyway.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2008, 11:15:24 am »

Also, for some reason I can't rip in Analog

Analog can work only if an analog audio cable is connected between the drive's analog output and the sound card's analog input. The sound quality would be mediocre anyway. Optical drives don't have good DA converters and the sound card would need to do an additional AD conversion.

I think the last time I bothered to attach that cable was during the previous millenium. :)
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755
Pages: [1]   Go Up