INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to rebuild playlist when drive letter has changed  (Read 1088 times)

greggd3

• Junior Woodchuck
How to rebuild playlist when drive letter has changed
« on: January 20, 2008, 10:29:57 am »

I have an Escient Fireball media server.  That is where I store all my music.  The problem is the Escient product works terrible MC12, especially in Vista.  This has something to do with the way Escient does their networking I think.  It used to work fine in MC11 and XP.  Anyway I now back up the Escient to an external networked storage drive anyway.  The networked drive plays the music fine even over the VPN connection. 

All of my playlists were created using the Z: drive which was the Escient.  I want to re-create them using the network drive which is the X: drive.

Is there a way to recreate them to reference the X: drive with out having to go in and re-enter every darn song? 

Thanks for any help. 

bspachman

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: How to rebuild playlist when drive letter has changed
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2008, 11:31:21 am »

You should be able to use the Library Tools>Find/Replace command to do what you are looking for. Make sure that 'pathname' is the field selected for the operation in the dialog, then find your old drive 'Z:\' and replace with the new drive 'X:\'

'Zat help?
Brad

greggd3

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2008, 12:07:55 pm »

That sounds good.  I'll try it. 

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2008, 01:01:00 pm »

Remember to disconnect the Z: drive before doing the operatoin. If the files are still available MC tries to move them instead of just changind the Filename field.

'pathname'

Hmm.. .Filename (path) is the exact name. It is possible to use it or the Filename field. The path version just excludes the actual filenames and may be safer if the search string doesn't contain a drive letter or one or more backslashes.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755
Pages: [1]   Go Up