INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Help I have a lot of Questions!  (Read 1481 times)

koivu_11

• Recent member
Help I have a lot of Questions!
« on: January 24, 2008, 11:26:03 am »

Ok so I finally got my MC12 on my HTPC and got the microsoft remote and most things are working fine, but I do have some questions. Instead of making a thread for each one I'll just post them all in here. I know some of these questions aren't MC12 specific but I hope that people here have enough experience with this kind of stuff that you guys might be able to help me out!

First I got the microsoft remote, and when I press the green windows media center button it loads windows media center (obviously), is there any way to make it load MC12?

Next problem I have is that when I press that same green button (which I don't plan on pressing unless it loads MC12), or the PC power button on the remote to turn off the pc (which I would like to use), my xbox 360 turns on. This is really annoying. I haven't looked into it but is there a way to stop that from happening?

The PC Power button on the remote turns off my pc but doesn't turn it on, is there a way to make that happen?

I put the jriver MC12 shortcut in my startmenu>startup folder so it loads when the pc is turned on, but sometimes after it loads my task bar at the bottom of the screen goes on top of it, this only happens once after the pc is booted up, then I have to click on mc12 or alt-tab to get it back and then everything is fine, but still annoying.

I set my auto-import options and I put in a new tv show into the folder and it imported it but I couldn't see it in the theater view, so I went back to standard view and it was in something called 'documents', how do I get it to automatically go to video?

I'm sure I'll have more questions but that's what I have for now.

Thanks.

Robo983

• World Citizen
Re: Help I have a lot of Questions!
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2008, 12:08:31 pm »

First I got the microsoft remote, and when I press the green windows media center button it loads windows media center (obviously), is there any way to make it load MC12?

The PC Power button on the remote turns off my pc but doesn't turn it on, is there a way to make that happen?

I put the jriver MC12 shortcut in my startmenu>startup folder so it loads when the pc is turned on, but sometimes after it loads my task bar at the bottom of the screen goes on top of it, this only happens once after the pc is booted up, then I have to click on mc12 or alt-tab to get it back and then everything is fine, but still annoying.

For the First I have not found a way to do that I think it is hard coded into the DLL file but will watch this post to see if anyone has found a way. You might be able to check over at the greenbutton site to see if anyone has done that over there. http://thegreenbutton.com/default.aspx

For the PC Power button I found that I had to put the PC in Standby mode not Hibernate or shut it off. In stand by my PC will turn on but anything else doesn't seem to recognize the imputs.

As for the task bar at the bottom I have never had that problem with MC but have with other programs. What I did to fix that was to hide the task bar.

Osho

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2008, 12:45:22 pm »

I set my auto-import options and I put in a new tv show into the folder and it imported it but I couldn't see it in the theater view, so I went back to standard view and it was in something called 'documents', how do I get it to automatically go to video?

What format are the tv shows in? You can modify the Video View Scheme (rightclick on Video -> Edit View Scheme) to include Documents but before you do that see why the tv shows are not being recognized as video. Most likely, they are in a file format for which the filters are not installed. If you tell us what is the file format for the tv shows, someone here may be able to help locating the right filter.

Osho

koivu_11

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2008, 03:20:32 pm »

thanks for the help guys!

as far as the tv shows that are showing up as documents they are mkv files. if you need more info than that let me know!

Osho

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2008, 04:13:57 pm »

as far as the tv shows that are showing up as documents they are mkv files. if you need more info than that let me know!

I have seen this before too. Are you able to play these files with MC12? I think this is a bug that should be fixed sometime.

Osho

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2008, 04:47:26 pm »

thanks for the help guys!

This is a problem with MC 12. The mkv files will play fine, but some will not import as video. I've seen a few threads where this has been mentioned. I've just resorted to making a smartlist where any mkv file shows up if it is not of mediatype video. Then I just see if there are any files in that playlist and I fix them all at once.

koivu_11

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2008, 06:23:48 pm »

hmmm ok i hope it gets fixed soon that is a huge pain to do that all the time.

alright I guess these problems have been answered about as best as they can be, time to start a new thread on other questions I have!

thanks guys!

Osho

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2008, 12:14:25 pm »

hmmm ok i hope it gets fixed soon that is a huge pain to do that all the time.

alright I guess these problems have been answered about as best as they can be, time to start a new thread on other questions I have!

thanks guys!

I am not sure if you are aware or not but you can find all mkv files and then change its "Media Type" tag to Video (from Data) and then they will work fine. It is a pain to do it but it may be an acceptable work-around for now.

Osho
Pages: [1]   Go Up