INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Import multiple folders at once gone?  (Read 1897 times)

gargarney

• Recent member
Import multiple folders at once gone?
« on: January 18, 2008, 10:52:53 pm »

One of the very best features of Media Center (through ver. 11) was being able to select multiple folders in the import dialog. Is that feature gone in version 12 or am I just missing it?

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Import multiple folders at once gone?
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2008, 11:39:49 pm »

Add folders to the Auto-Import list in Options > Library & Folders.

Then you can run Auto-Import manually, or let MC automatically stay synchronized with those folders.

To do a one-time import of a folder, you have to do it folder by folder.

Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

gargarney

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2008, 11:42:56 pm »

Yeah, that's what I thought. That's a shame. I loved manually importing multiple folders. Any idea why the feature disappeared?

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2008, 11:46:33 pm »

Yeah, that's what I thought. That's a shame. I loved manually importing multiple folders. Any idea why the feature disappeared?

Auto-import is a lot more powerful.

It allows different settings and file types per folder.

It also can automatically stay synchronized with folders.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

gargarney

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2008, 12:07:17 am »

Yes, after fiddling with it some, I can see that. It just seems strange to remove a handy feature. Maybe it conflicted with auto-import functionality...

Thanks for the answer.

I've been using JRiver since version 10 and try to spread the word. It beats all others hands down. But people are loyal to what they know.

hit_ny

• nothing more to say...
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2008, 06:16:59 am »

One of the very best features of Media Center (through ver. 11) was being able to select multiple folders in the import dialog. Is that feature gone in version 12 or am I just missing it?

It's still there but its location has changed.

See Tools->Import Folder

browse to the root desired and it will import everything below.

I too was stumped initially, was used to using the tree to the left for importing, the only advantage i can see is that you dont have to use the vertial grabber to expose the tree anymore, its possible to do an import with Playing Now maximised.

modelmaker

« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2008, 04:24:23 am »

It's still there but its location has changed.

See Tools->Import Folder

browse to the root desired and it will import everything below.

I too was stumped initially, was used to using the tree to the left for importing, the only advantage i can see is that you dont have to use the vertial grabber to expose the tree anymore, its possible to do an import with Playing Now maximised.

No, gargarny is right. Using Tools>Import folder you used to be able to make a list of various individual folders to import before hitting the Import button, now you have to do them one by one.. I miss this feature too.
Jay.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans"     John Lennon.

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2008, 05:44:20 am »

No, gargarny is right. Using Tools>Import folder you used to be able to make a list of various individual folders to import before hitting the Import button, now you have to do them one by one.. I miss this feature too.

Actually, in MC11.1 it was File > Library > Import Media...

However, the Auto-Import tool has been designed to offer similar functionality. You can add the same folders to the Auto-Importer and let it run in the background or start it manually when preferred.

If you want to control when it runs just untick the "Run auto-import in background" option. Tools > Run Auto-Import Now will run the import process similarly like the old importing system did.

The Import Folder tool has been preserved as an easy tool for one-time importing from one location. Though, this tool has an option for adding the used folder to Auto-Importer's folder list.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

hit_ny

• nothing more to say...
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2008, 06:32:13 am »

I just move all folders to be imported, to a "To-Import" folder, so this way only one folder is required to import everything inside it.

modelmaker

« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2008, 12:52:11 pm »

Actually, in MC11.1 it was File > Library > Import Media...

My bad! :-[
Jay.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans"     John Lennon.
Pages: [1]   Go Up