INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Auto Insert Notification disabled (want to enable it again)  (Read 1059 times)

McSlick

Auto Insert Notification disabled (want to enable it again)
« on: August 09, 2002, 07:47:25 am »

While burning an audio CD MediaJukebox suggested I allow it to disable my 'Auto Insert Notification' which I did, thinking that I could easily enable it again later. When I noticed that my DVD/CD-RW Drive E was not working like it used to (automatically playing or running DVD's CDROM's & Audio CD's). I realized that this was due to this action. I've taken all the steps recommended to enable Auto Insert Notification: Control Panel>Systems>DVD/CD-RW Drive E> Highlight Producer Name - MASTU####A>Properties>Settings Tab... but there is no 'Settings Tab' in the properties dialog box. How can I enable A.I.N.? My OS is XP ;computer Toshiba Satillite 5100 laptop (top-of-the-line model) It should be a snap, even for a newbie like myself, shouldn't it? If anyone has any insight or experience in this or simular situations your assistance would be greatly appreciated.

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
RE:Auto Insert Notification disabled (want to enable it again)
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2002, 08:05:34 am »

My Computer
Select CD Drive
Right Click
Properties
Auto Play
Music CD
Play Audio CD Using mjextman
Select What You Want
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

McSlick

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2002, 02:01:58 pm »

Thanks, but selecting Auto Play and choosing which program(s) I want to perform selected functions does not resolve my problem. There is no option to select what to do when I insert a CD-ROM for a new program. Normally CD-ROM's 'auto run' but now they don't. And even if I do select a funtion to perform like play Movie DVD's with my WINDVD 4 Player it still doesn't auto play. I need to find out how and where Media Jukebox disabled my 'Auto Insert Notification' and re-enable it. Again, THANKS anyway.

Adam

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2002, 02:41:46 pm »

Yeah I had the same problem with XP

Only answer I could find was to use tweakUI

You can download it from Microsoft's DL site

~ Adam ~
Pages: [1]   Go Up