INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: theater view search questions  (Read 929 times)

laerm

• Galactic Citizen
theater view search questions
« on: January 23, 2008, 02:34:26 pm »

hi everyone -

i am an MC10 user who never made the jump to 11. i was using it for the longest time as just a media jukebox/manager, but now that i've got a laptop and found a good remote/keyboard-type setup for my pc, i want to switch to using that computer exclusively as a media center pc. i played around with theater view, but there's one thing i have a problem with. i have over 2000 artists in my library, and it seems the only way for me to look for an artist is to enter the name one letter at a time, and let it give me a list of options as to what the next letter i might be able to use is. (i.e. if i go to "A", it will give me "Ab", "Ac", "Ad", etc...and then if i choose "Ab", i can now pick "Aba", "Abe", etc...) this seems intensely clunky. either that or just browse. not only are both of these methods slow and annoying, but they both load slowly as well in the theater view.

i have a small wireless keyboard i wish to use. is there no way to just type in directly what i want? i am hoping that theater view is far more robust in MC12, as it seemed that it was all based on xml files in MC10 (correct me if i am wrong).

also, i am curious about the now playing screen in theater view. i see this is all CSS-based, which i can handle, but i want to know if there's any fancy stuff you can do with it in MC12 as opposed to MC10. i'd love to be able to put in visualization (as well as keeping the cover art).

thanks for your help, and i'm sorry if these concerns have already been discussed/changed/etc. (price i pay for being slow to update, i suppose. :) )

micah

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Farm Animal Stupid
Re: theater view search questions
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2008, 02:40:04 pm »

In MC12, they eliminated the search function that you describe and replaced it with an actual on-screen keyboard that you can navigate with your remote to type in what you want. You can also just type using your keyboard to do searches as well.

laerm

• Galactic Citizen
Re: theater view search questions
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2008, 02:47:34 pm »

In MC12, they eliminated the search function that you describe and replaced it with an actual on-screen keyboard that you can navigate with your remote to type in what you want. You can also just type using your keyboard to do searches as well.

that is beautiful and exactly what i wanted to know.  ;D thanks very much - i know it was kind of a silly question.

off to buy MC12 right now...

micah
Pages: [1]   Go Up