INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Menus in Theater Mode Help.  (Read 2247 times)

koivu_11

• Recent member
Menus in Theater Mode Help.
« on: January 21, 2008, 03:27:28 pm »

Hi

I am trying to get the menus to look the way I want in the theater mode but I can't figure it out and I'm getting frustrated, I tried looking in the wiki but got lost in there as well.

My htpc is used pretty much for just videos, so I want to be able to click on Videos, then I want to be able to choose Movies or TV, then if I choose movies it lists all my movie files, and if I choose TV I want to be able to choose the show and then it will list the episodes.

I thought this would be easy but I'm really having a tough time, can anyone help me out? I don't want the 'all' option or the 'unassigned' option to be there either.

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Menus in Theater Mode Help.
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2008, 03:48:51 pm »

Hey Koivu,

Good to see you here. What you are asking is definitely possible. I'm not at my home so I can't try it and show/tell you how. However, many of the more experienced MC users will be able to explain it better than I can.

koivu_11

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2008, 05:41:36 pm »

also when trying to do this, I changed the 'media type' on one of my episodes from 'video' to 'tv' and now I don't have a clue where it is, it won't import and I can't see it anywhere in mc. hellllpppp!!!

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2008, 06:00:16 pm »

also when trying to do this, I changed the 'media type' on one of my episodes from 'video' to 'tv' and now I don't have a clue where it is, it won't import and I can't see it anywhere in mc. hellllpppp!!!

You could try to add an "all media" view scheme to the MC tree:

How-to: add All Media & CD database to the tree

In that view scheme you can search for the file.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

koivu_11

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2008, 06:27:23 pm »

You could try to add an "all media" view scheme to the MC tree:

How-to: add All Media & CD database to the tree

In that view scheme you can search for the file.

thanks, I can now see that tv show in my 'all media scheme' how do I change the media type back to video now? I don't see that option now.

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2008, 06:52:27 pm »

You can add the "Media Type" column to a list view. Right-click the column header area for accessing the column selection menu.

Another option is to set the Action Window>Tag window to show all fields. Click the small symbol in the top left corner of AW>Tag for the options.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2008, 06:59:29 pm »

I hope someone else can easily answer your Theater View configuration question. What you asked shouldn't be too difficult, but I have very little experience of using Theater View. (My setup includes a 17" LCD monitor on a nearby coffee table. I use MC in the Standard View mode on this monitor and send only the display contents to TV out.)

koivu_11

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2008, 07:03:24 pm »

You can add the "Media Type" column to a list view. Right-click the colum header area for accessing the column selection menu.

Another option is to set the Action Window>Tag window to show all fields. Click the small symbol in the top left corner of AW>Tag for the options.

these didn't work... when I show all tags there are a lot of tags to change for every video, except for the one where I changed the media type, the only tags for that one are Format and Playlists.

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2008, 07:13:54 pm »

Did you try to add the column to the view? It should be possible, but if it really doesn't work you could try the Find and Replace tool:

Right-click the file > Library Tools > Find and Replace > tick only the Media Type field, Find What: TV, Replace: Video

koivu_11

• Recent member
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2008, 07:15:46 pm »

Did you try to add the column to the view? It should be possible, but if it really doesn't work you could try the Find and Replace tool:

Right-click the file > Library Tools > Find and Replace > tick only the Media Type field, Find What: TV, Replace: Video

That worked, thanks!
now to figure out this menu stuff!

koivu_11

• Recent member
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2008, 07:55:23 pm »

ok so I made some progress with my menus.

here is my folders on my hard drive:
d:\media\movies (contains movies files)
d:\media\tv (contains tv subfolders only)
d:\media\tvshowname (contains the tv video files)

ok so I made 2 schemes: one called movies and one called tv. the scheme view item is location and I choose the folder for each, and this works great. The only thing I don't like (a lot) is for some reason in theater view when I click on videos, it shows "movies" (good) "tv" (good) but then at the end it shows "unassigned" (bad) and it has all my video files in there which I think is ugly. How do I fix this?

koivu_11

• Recent member
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2008, 08:33:22 pm »

it seems that if I set the genre of a video, it adds that genre to my videos section and takes the video out of the unassigned spot, I dont want this, how do I change it?

koivu_11

• Recent member
« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2008, 08:40:46 pm »

ah ok I think I have this program figured out (sort of), instead of adding a new scheme what I really was supposed to do was edit the 'Video' main scheme. instead of having genre, year, and rating, I just needed to put file location. now everything is sorted perfectly!!

now, the only thing I would like to change is this: how do I get rid of the 'All' where it shows all my videos? If I can get rid of that then I'm ready to purchase jriver!

koivu_11

• Recent member
« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2008, 12:18:10 pm »

ah ok I think I have this program figured out (sort of), instead of adding a new scheme what I really was supposed to do was edit the 'Video' main scheme. instead of having genre, year, and rating, I just needed to put file location. now everything is sorted perfectly!!

now, the only thing I would like to change is this: how do I get rid of the 'All' where it shows all my videos? If I can get rid of that then I'm ready to purchase jriver!

bump.

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2008, 01:13:02 pm »

If you don't get an answer by tomorrow, you may want to create a new thread with the specific "remove all" question. It may have been asked before too.

gappie

« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2008, 04:48:25 pm »

well, there is a lot that you can do. what i did is making a new view under video called theater view. there are now two things to start with. you can make this view empty. leave step one of the edit view empty. and nothings shows up in Theater View. and put some new views in this one. like tv shows, series, what ever you want. or you change this view to your liking or a combination. when you leave the main view empty. there will be no all, but under neath it there will. but only showing the series or tv shows etc.
to get this to show up in theaterview as your start of the video button, make sure it was enabled to show up in theater view in the edit view form, then in theaterview go to video, and click View. go to the list to find the new scheme called theaterview, you just made. procede and experiment from here.  :)

maybe it is a bit quick what i typed, and when you dont understand something, tell me what and i try to make some screenshots.

have fun
gab
Pages: [1]   Go Up