INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Display Text Area Font Size  (Read 1433 times)

glynor

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Display Text Area Font Size
« on: January 18, 2008, 01:24:01 pm »

I know that I, and a number of other users, have asked for this a a few times in the past, but... Is there please, please, please any way we can get an option to control the font in the Display Text Area, up here:

This text is completely unreadable on my HTPC.  Before, the response was always "you're using it on a standard-def TV".  Well, now I have a super-fancy-pants new 42" 1080p LCD TV and I STILL can't read the text up there.  I have my HTPC set to use large (120dpi) fonts, and all that, but at 1920x1080 I can't read it from my couch at all.  ALL the other text in MC is perfectly legible, except for the display area.

A simple "Choose Font" dialog in the Customize Display dialog would be simple and perfect.  Either that, or automatically scale the text size based on the selection in Options --> Tree & View --> Select Font.

Sooo.... What say you?  Can you hook me up?
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Display Text Area Font Size
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2008, 01:45:45 pm »

It uses the font face you set in options.  Since the top border is not resizable, the font has to be sized to fit.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Griff

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2008, 11:34:23 pm »

Hi glyor

This text is completely unreadable on my HTPC

I have a 46"/1080p lcd and I have no prob. reading the title bar (or any text) from across the room.

And you know Im as old as some of Kings tomatos

;D

(Sorry King)

But, the HTPC is a 7050pv MB (same as 6150) with a NV 90 series driver doing 1080p.

Text is realy clear.

Now I do have a 8600gt (since Dec.), but the drivers are not up to par.

I also pick up  2600 about a couple weeks ago, same thing, drivers not up to par.

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2008, 05:56:37 pm »

The difference between the 42 and the 46 is probably it.  Mine is barely legible if you squint, same as all of the "smallest sized" text on the machine (and I have 20/20 vision).  It's certainly possible, I suppose, that it could be a driver issue with the video card, but I doubt it.  I'll try it with my HD 3850 as soon as I can swap out my HTPC with the new one (hit a snag today -- hard drive died on me).

Matt.... What I was hoping was that there could be a way that the top bar could auto-size based on a selected font size selection (which would default like it currently is -- and have a reasonable "upper size limit"), rather than the current "other way around" system.

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2008, 10:51:24 pm »

Any love?

ThoBar

• Was confishy
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2008, 11:51:55 pm »

*Hugs*

thurston

• World Citizen
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2008, 09:06:38 am »

I'm with Glynor on this.  If it's possible I'd also like to increase the font size.  I hate to sound like a spoiled brat, but I have trouble seeing the text on my 42" 1080p from the couch as well.
Pages: [1]   Go Up