INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Bug in cue > flac conversion (duration = live??)  (Read 1319 times)

enigman

• Junior Woodchuck
  • thinking...
Bug in cue > flac conversion (duration = live??)
« on: January 22, 2008, 01:40:47 pm »

I just converted a couple of cue + wav files to FLAC, and noticed a strange bug.  When playing, the duration of the files appears as "live" and it is impossible to seek through the file.  When the song ends, it goes to the next song as expected, so perhaps it's just something weird with the display.  Oddly enough, the tracks do show a duration in the library - it's just when they are playing that they come in as "live".

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Cosmic Bird
Re: Bug in cue > flac conversion (duration = live??)
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2008, 02:11:31 pm »

If you have the "Update database" conversion option enabled are your problems similar to what is reported in this thread: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=44091.0 ?

If you don't have the update database option selected the resulting files should work just fine.

Though, I have not specifically tested your file format combination.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

enigman

• Junior Woodchuck
  • thinking...
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2008, 06:23:28 am »

I'll give that a shot, since I did have the update database thing checked.  The odd thing though is that I never had the cue file in the library - I just had MC play it and then ran the conversion from there.  I'll try re-importing the files and will report how that goes.

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2008, 06:55:24 am »

MC's database has a section for files that are present in Playing Now. I am fairly sure that the problem is related to the stored playback range data.

If the converted files automatically replaced the cue tracks in Playing Now (because you had the "Update database" option enabled) then the old  Playback Range field values were not cleared.

Currently the only way to remove this data is to move the files to a different location or change the filenames outside MC. After that the files can be imported as new items and MC will handle them like any other standard audio files.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

enigman

• Junior Woodchuck
  • thinking...
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2008, 10:41:46 am »

OK, I'll try doing that.  I tried just removing and reimporting, but it didn't help - but that was with the files in the exact same place, so MC was probably caching something...

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2008, 11:39:12 am »

I tried just removing and reimporting, but it didn't help - but that was with the files in the exact same place, so MC was probably caching something...

When a file is removed from MC it is just flagged to belong in the more or less temporary "deleted files" database section. The stored playback range data doesn't immediately disappear.

If a file is renamed or moved (outside MC) before reimporting it is handled as a new library entry.

enigman

• Junior Woodchuck
  • thinking...
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2008, 12:50:52 pm »

Gotcha - well, that definitely did the trick!  Thankfully there weren't too many files to worry about.
Pages: [1]   Go Up