INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can a smartlist be created that REMOVES songs that would otherwise be synced?  (Read 880 times)

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe

Can a smartlist be created that actually prevents tracks from being synced to a handheld even though these tracks ARE included in "other" smartlists used in the same sync?  In other words, image a handheld sync where two smartlists are checked, A and B.  Smartilst A includes songs 1, 2, and 3, while smartlist B contains just song 3.  Can smartlist B somehow PREVENT song 3 from being synced even though this song IS included in smartlist A?  I'm trying to figure out if there's a way to create a "negative" smartlist that "overrides" other smartlists used in the same sync.  This would give me a lot more power in several areas of syncing multiple handhelds.

Thanks,

Larry

gappie

when you put into smartlist B under the rules 'playlists is not smartlist A'. would that not works?

lalittle

• MC Beta Team

when you put into smartlist B under the rules 'playlists is not smartlist A'. would that not works?

That won't work for what I'm trying to achieve.  I want to create a series of smartlists that can be used for ANY handheld sync, but that do not put songs into the sync that were excluded in another smartlist.  This prevents me from having to create multiple smartlists that essentially do the same thing for different handhelds.  By having a "negative" smartlist, I could simply have ONE of these for each handheld, then use the other smartlists for ALL the handhelds.

It's a little difficult to explain, but suffice it to say that I'm currently doing what you described above, and it's resulting in my having to create a LOT of extra smartlists since they end up being unique to each handheld.  A "negative" smartlist that "removed" songs from the list would solve this problem.

Thanks again,

Larry
Pages: [1]   Go Up