INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: No sound when switching b/w channels  (Read 1493 times)

raym

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
No sound when switching b/w channels
« on: January 26, 2008, 05:23:54 pm »

Still not getting any sound when switching from an SD to an HD channel with DVB-T playback when:

1. using XP (Vista seems ok)
2. with TS not active
3. using SPDIF passthru

So, with TS off, if I start TV on an SD channel, all other SD channels are fine and visa versa with HD. If I start tv on an HD channel, all other HD channels are ok but no sound on SD.

This is not an audio codec issue as I've tried at least 4 different ones which have worked previously.

It's not a huge issue for me personally as I normally have TS enabled but this may impact some people who don't/can't use timeshifting.

Thanks.
RKM Smart Home - www.rkmsmarthome.com.au
Z-Wave Home Automation

raym

• MC Beta Team
Re: No sound when switching b/w channels
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2008, 07:34:07 am »

Ok, I've found a workaround.... My PC has a number of audio outputs. Using Windows device manager, I disabled all of them but the onboard sound device (the one I'm using). Now I get sound fine for all channels all the time regardless of whether TS is on or off.

This would suggest that perhaps MC has some problems choosing which sound device it shoud be routing to in the case of multiple devices. No idea what the relevance of Timeshifting is in all of this though.

Thanks.
RKM Smart Home - www.rkmsmarthome.com.au
Z-Wave Home Automation

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
Re: No sound when switching b/w channels
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2008, 09:33:25 am »

MC TV uses the same audio renderer selection for a given zone that you select on "DirectShow Playback Settings" window. From your/or Nathan's log files, it seems "Default DirectSound Renderer" is used (that is the default if you do not make any selection). If you go to DirectShow Settings window, you should be able to select a specific audio renderer.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up