INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Is MC here yet?  (Read 765 times)

JONCAT

Is MC here yet?
« on: February 01, 2008, 07:15:36 pm »

I've had good luck integrating hd content into MC; I haven't tested all the formats floating around out there yet however.

Would MC currently meet this user's need?

"What I'd like to see is a single app that handled SD and HD playback from any format with correct film detection and excellent quality video deinterlacing and scaling.

It would also handle DTV and PVR duties with the same good quality deinterlacing and scaling.

Likewise it would handle analogue capture and display with similarly good quality levels.

And it would encode and author without trashing either the field structure or picture levels.

And if all this wasn't enough the entire app would be capable of properly using an ICC profile or even a 3d lut ( cube) profiling system for multiple displays.

I can get most of these feautures using a combination of TT ,ffdshow , DigiTV ( with a couple of nebula devices....now defunct) and Dscaler.

What's lacking though is a unified profile based color management system that couples into all these application roles.

I fear Joe public is more interested in being able to browse their media library with pretty pictures of their dvd covers.

I have some hopes for Vista featuring a unified calibration system for every app but suspect its way down the list.

Essentialy what we are talking about is a videophile version of MCE."

DC
Pages: [1]   Go Up