INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Library Server SSL  (Read 1050 times)

benn600

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Living: Santa Monica CA Hometown: Cedar Rapids IA
Library Server SSL
« on: February 01, 2008, 07:29:29 pm »

It would be a great new feature.  Essentially I'm asking for internal SSL encryption to be added to library server.  I am on a public wifi network right now and I'm always a bit concerned with data going through the air.

So since it is being sent in the clear, would that mean someone could easily sniff music I'm?  Seems like absolutely.  It just seems that with ever increasing security issues it would be a nice feature to get added soon to avoid future issues.  And I know security for transmitting all my library data is never bad.  I've got SSL for my email and VPN stuff.  Seems like Media Center needs it.

ThoBar

• Was confishy
Re: Library Server SSL
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2008, 09:01:02 pm »

Meanwhile, OpenVPN or Hamachi (LogMeIn) will do you nicely.

benn600

• Living: Santa Monica CA Hometown: Cedar Rapids IA
Re: Library Server SSL
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2008, 07:52:13 am »

True.  I am trying to get Smoothwall to allow VPN connections.  As soon as I do that all my connections will be inherently secure through the secure tunnel.  But with securing each one individually--I already have to use stunnel for hMailServer (twice) and it becomes a hassle setting all these security things up all the time.

Just thought I'd suggest it.  I'm sure they're already working on adding it.  In fact, I'm sure it's already in their test builds.  They're way ahead of me on "good ideas" so of course they've got this and better DVD handling in the pipeline.
Pages: [1]   Go Up