INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Theater and display problem  (Read 1190 times)

fillefloe

Theater and display problem
« on: January 30, 2008, 07:42:18 am »

hi,

i have a problem with Theater,

I have to displays, or one PC monitor and one LCD TV,
I want that Theater mode is gonna be shown on the TV only, but as soon i enter Theater mode and are playing a musikvideo the video pops up on my PC monitor. Im using the Trail Version atm,
and are thinking of buying it, i like it, it kicks WMC ass easylie..

So to be more exakt..

I want: Theater mode on my LCD TV only, and still be able to use my PC monitor for other stuff.
Im using Windows XP Pro, and a Nvidia Card. The TV is - atm - connected with S-Video cable.

How can i change this? if i can...

I hope i didnt miss any other thread, searched but didnt find.

thurston

• World Citizen
Re: Theater and display problem
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2008, 08:29:31 am »

I have a similar configuration and I'd like to do something similar.  I want to have a MC icon on my Plasma that only opens on my plasma and in Theater View.  I also want ot have an icon on my PC that opens in standard view.

fillefloe-
Have you tried using something like Ultramon?  I know that glynor uses it and highly recommends it for use with multiple monitors.  I downloaded the Ultramon free trial version, but I didn't have time to play with it before the trial period expired.  It supposedly allows you to dedicate programs and shortcuts to open on whatever monitor you specify.  Also, JR Media Center allows you to choose the view that you want it to open to (i.e. Theaterview) by manually altering the shortcut icon target (I'll see if I can find the thread that better explains this).  So with JR Media Center and Ultramon, you should be able to create an icon that opens theaterview on your LCD and a second icon that opens the standard view on your PC monitor (This is what I would like to do). 

I have to displays, or one PC monitor and one LCD TV,
I want that Theater mode is gonna be shown on the TV only, but as soon i enter Theater mode and are playing a musikvideo the video pops up on my PC monitor.
When I start a video in theaterview, it always pops up on the same monitor that I'm running the program on, so I don't know how to fix this.

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Theater and display problem
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2008, 01:47:02 pm »

fillefloe:
All you have to do is to right click on the playing video/visualisation and select "Detach display". That will put the video in a small window, which you can drag onto your plasma screen. Then double clik on the video window and it should expand to full screen on your plasma. You may now use your LCD for whatever you like.

Here's a screenshot from my two 1920x1200 displays:

The screen on the right is showing full screen video on a "detached display". This will be your plasma screen. The one on the left is still in Theater View, but I can do whatever I like with that monitor- go back to standard view, tag some files, browse the 'net, write a Word document. etc.
Pages: [1]   Go Up