INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: export to iTunes - duplicate of each track. Why?  (Read 848 times)

mcmCPH

• Recent member
export to iTunes - duplicate of each track. Why?
« on: February 09, 2008, 03:02:21 am »

hello - I created a device corr. to a folder on my hard drive to export my MC12 FLAC-based library to iTunes.  Writing out to the folder seems to work fine but I have two problems that I haven't been able to solve:

1. duplicate tracks:  every track shows up twice in iTunes after I select 'add folder to library' in iTunes and then select my MC12 device export folder.
2. collections show up as multiple albums even though I'm exporting using subfolder [Album Artist (auto)] which seems to work... collections are in a single folder.

any ideas?

thanks in adv - Michael

BartMan01

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: export to iTunes - duplicate of each track. Why?
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2008, 06:39:47 pm »

Duplicate tracks (and possibly collections) are caused by the fact that MC is creating a playlist when it exports the files to the 'portable'.  iTunes is importing the track once from the track itself and a second time from the playlist.  Delete the playlist file(s) after 'sync' and before importing in to iTunes.

brentk

• Recent member
Re: export to iTunes - duplicate of each track. Why?
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2008, 11:26:16 pm »

Playlist is almost certainly why the duplicates. As for compilations all I can say is iTunes SUCKS at compilations, badly. My best recommendation when dealing with compilations in iTunes is to add each one individually, then go to recently added and select all the songs in the compilation and edit the tag info. You may still have problems. Once they aren't grouped together anywhere like recently added anymore you're screwed... I once had to hunt through my library to pick out each of 177 files and put them back into a comp.
Pages: [1]   Go Up