INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Help\Feature request to rebuild missing artwork on Ipod  (Read 1321 times)

olarte

• World Citizen
Help\Feature request to rebuild missing artwork on Ipod
« on: February 06, 2008, 09:25:26 am »

I've had a verys table 160g ipod classic with about 120g of tunes.

All of a sudden the last few albums I synced are not showing art in the ipod.

Now art is working again.

Funny part is that when I exported the files using (sharepod in safe mode) the art was still there. And I then deleted and re-imported and all seems fine again.

However I now have to see what else is missing.

It would be great to be able to force a resync to re-do the artwork,

or

have a pluggin to scan the ipod itself and rebuild the artwork if it's already in the track.

Is there any other way currently other than initializing the ipod and starting to fix a broken Artwork database?

Thanks in advance.

SwellGuy

Re: Help\Feature request to rebuild missing artwork on Ipod
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2008, 11:22:38 am »

No. That's actually a pretty complicated problem. To avoid the problem in the first place you want to make sure you're using the latest firmware and tools (particularly if you are using multiple tools [MC, iTunes, etc.]).

olarte

• World Citizen
Re: Help\Feature request to rebuild missing artwork on Ipod
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2008, 03:58:42 pm »

No. That's actually a pretty complicated problem. To avoid the problem in the first place you want to make sure you're using the latest firmware and tools (particularly if you are using multiple tools [MC, iTunes, etc.]).

THat's what I thought, but as it turns out it was only a few CDs that were not showing up with album work.

I think it had something to do with an interim build of MC that I put on the Ipod Classic.

Anyway, I deleted the files that had missing artwork and re-synced with the lastest version of MC and am all set.

I still would like to be able to FORCE a re-sync to avoid having to delete first the re-sync. That should be an option. instead of always getting the "some files are already on you device" message....
Pages: [1]   Go Up