INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: best way to share playlists?  (Read 1305 times)

kevind

• Junior Woodchuck
best way to share playlists?
« on: July 11, 2007, 03:32:53 pm »

Greetings,

Here is my scenario:

I have a primary server with Media Center on it being controlled by MainLobby/MusicLobby tablets throughout the house for distributed audio.
All audio files are on a shared NAS array

Making playlists from the tablets is not simple
Going down to the server room to make playlists is simply not practical

So, I want to be able to make a playlist from the office PC and save it to the primary server so it automatically shows up on the MusicLobby tablets. I've tried variations of LibraryServer/Client and these don't seem to solve the problem at all. In a library server/client config I made a playlists on the client and exported it to a shared "playlists" folder that the server monitors. There are several problems with this latter setup
Autoimport does not seem to be automatically picking up the playlists
When a playlist created by an client is imported manually at the server side it duplicates the song entries in the master library...thereby corrupting it. I don't want duplicate songs...just the friggin playlist of what songs to play.

It can't be this difficult can it? How is everyone else sharing playlists across their networks?

ndhunay

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
Re: best way to share playlists?
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2008, 10:51:18 pm »

Kevin, did you ever get a resolution to this?  I've got the same problem.

Nav

flac.rules

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: best way to share playlists?
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2008, 03:40:21 am »

Yeah, me too, the client-server-setup si a bit hampered by the fact the you generally cannot do much changes on the server-side from the client. And doing stuff on the server is not a good solution.
Pages: [1]   Go Up