INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Exporting To XML - What's this do?  (Read 748 times)

steveklein

• Galactic Citizen
Exporting To XML - What's this do?
« on: February 13, 2008, 01:04:28 pm »

I have an archive of about 5000 files that I am going to be placing onto a DVD and burning. However, I would like a document left on my computer that allows me to easily see what is burned onto this disc.

I created a library for the files I am burning and then 'exported library to xml' and I get a file that isn't apparently very useful to me?

It is not easy to read or anything. Is there a way I can take this XML file and make it easy to read html, or txt or something?

What is the purpose of this xml file?

rjm

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Exporting To XML - What's this do?
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2008, 01:36:02 pm »

In case you are not aware, MC has a very nice feature that lets you import media from a dvd/cd and tag it just like you would with media stored on your hard drive.

This gives you full visibility into files stored on dvd/cd discs.

If you try to play one of these files, MC prompts you to insert the disc.

Given that you already have the files on your hard drive, you may want to save effort by reusing the tags when you move the files to dvd. This may be possible by exporting the XML, then editing it to change the drive path to the volume label of your dvd disk, then importing it. I have not tried this but I am pretty sure it will work because I have successfully done this in the opposite direction when I moved media from dvd to my hard drive.
Pages: [1]   Go Up