INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [Feature request] "Alternate settings" indicator & remembering status  (Read 2770 times)

Johnny B

• Galactic Citizen

I very much miss the indication whether the "Use Alternate Settings" (Alt+M) is switched on or off - the only way (I know) is to right-click the "DSP studio" icon which is indeed very very unconvenient.

I would also very welcome if MC remembers the status quo of the mode e.g. if turned on, it should still be turned on when MC is restarted.

Johnny B

• Galactic Citizen
Re: [Feature request] "Alternate settings" indicator & remembering status
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2008, 01:14:38 pm »

Hm nobody interested / nobody cares? Am I the only one who misses these?

Johnny B

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2008, 04:34:53 am »

bump

StFeder

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Fight! You may win. If you don't, you already lost
« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2008, 05:30:52 am »

Oh, I missed this post. Sorry! I think the alternate settings should NOT be remebered, but an indicator is something I'm looking forward to!!

Ok, there is this checkmark if right clicking to the DSP-Studio Icon but for DJing it doesn't work so well if you have to right click the DSP Settings to see if the alternate settings is applyed. Especially annoying if using MC with some others at the same time and you didn't concern that alternate mode could be selected. Did you ever hit the "next track" button expecting a crossfade but having a 2 sec. silence between? This brings no fun I can tell you!

Johnny B

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: February 29, 2008, 06:08:05 am »

I think the alternate settings should NOT be remebered...

I would appreciate such option anyway  8)

Ok, there is this checkmark if right clicking to the DSP-Studio Icon but for DJing it doesn't work so well if you have to right click the DSP Settings to see if the alternate settings is applyed. Especially annoying if using MC with some others at the same time and you didn't concern that alternate mode could be selected. Did you ever hit the "next track" button expecting a crossfade but having a 2 sec. silence between? This brings no fun I can tell you!

I couldn't agree more - I know EXACTLY what you mean and I do know how does it feel if instead of the expected crossfade sudden STOP is heard...  ::)

Johnny B

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2008, 06:54:34 pm »

Hm please could someone from JRiver team be so nice and put some comment to this?

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2008, 06:56:23 pm »

Do you want a token you can put in the display area like [Alternate Mode]?

We've thought about phasing out the alternate mode settings and just recommending zones.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Johnny B

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2008, 07:36:19 pm »

We've thought about phasing out the alternate mode settings and just recommending zones.

Well I would appreciate any way how to find out easily just by looking at the screen if Alternate Mode is on / off without going into any menu (display area could be nice solution indeed).
And also some keyboard shortcut to switch modes would be great as well instead of the way it is now e.g. grabbing mouse, going into menu and clicking...

Phase out Alternate Mode?? Hmm well I do not use Zones so often but I definitively do use Alternate Settings...

StFeder

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2008, 05:05:36 am »

:o
Please don't! I use zones as well as alternate mode. Sometimes it's a nice thing to have the possibility to change the fading settings "on-the-fly" and this is only possible using alternate mode. I'd have to switch zones very often during on dancing lesson and it would be impossible to use zones as flexible as the alternate mode.

[What I use alternate mode for:
For dancing it's the best to have a 2-Second break between two songs. Fading isn't so nice to use there, because the dancers have to figure out easy if a new song started.
But sometimes I choose a song which is not good for dancing by mistake. So I switch to alternate settings with fading so that not everybody notices my mistake ;) ]

For me the nicest thing would be a button as there is for shuffle or repeat. But I think most of the users don't use the alternate settings as much as I do, so a token in display area would be great enough for me! Perhaps this could be done by some kind of icon instead of some (long) text??

StFeder

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2008, 08:06:54 am »

bump

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2008, 09:48:55 am »

In build 474 and later:
NEW: Can use [Alternate Settings] token in "Customize Display..." of the player text display. ( example: If([Alternate Settings], Alternate, Normal) )
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

StFeder

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2008, 10:06:53 am »

In build 474 and later:
NEW: Can use [Alternate Settings] token in "Customize Display..." of the player text display. ( example: If([Alternate Settings], Alternate, Normal) )

Johnny B

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2008, 05:50:26 am »

In build 474 and later:

Nice! Thank you
Pages: [1]   Go Up