INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Manually assign frequencies to channels  (Read 1914 times)

boynumber

Manually assign frequencies to channels
« on: February 16, 2008, 04:43:59 pm »

Hi,
I live in Johannesburg, South Africa and there seems to be a known problem between channels 12 - 20 and Tuner software.
Some software I have used, picks up channel 13 (which is a valid channel here) and some don't, they don't pick it up in an agressive scan either..
One particular piece of software I used had an button which said "Break frequency table" which I needed to use in order to pick up this channel - the frequency of which, as I've read is 247250.

Is there a way to manually tweak the frequencies assigned to the channel numbers?
If not, is it something which could be implemented in the future?

Thanks very much..

jmone

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • I won! I won!
Re: Manually assign frequencies to channels
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2008, 05:03:48 pm »

Sure - from the Sticky at the top of this thread is, Yaobing provides the following advice:

If you live in a country other than Australia, United Kingdom, Ireland, Germany, Austria, Luxembourg, Switzerland, you will need to provide your own frequency table before you can use the program.  Go to TV subfolder of [MC installation folder], and open the file "DVB Frequencies.xml". You can see what kind of data is in that file. You can create an entry for your country.  Please post your frequency table on this board, or post a link to a web site where we can find such data, so we can add the table to the file.

If you have any problems then I'm sure Yaobing will help  ;D

JRiver CEO Elect

boynumber

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2008, 05:04:13 am »

Thanks -
Just to check - does each entry correspond to the channel numbers?

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2008, 08:06:23 am »

jmone's suggestion works for digital TV. Channel number is not important for digital TV. You need to create the entire table (for all channels).

If you are dealing with analog TV instead, try "Frequency override" option. On TV options, "TV Channels" tab, click "Analog Chan" button, then click "Override" button.

Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

boynumber

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2008, 02:11:06 pm »

Great, I managed to set it with the frequency override..

Thanks very much!
Pages: [1]   Go Up