More > Media Center 12 (Development Ended)

Video playback drop-outs with Win2K - [**SOLVED!!**]

<< < (9/9)

HTPCnut:
...and I forgot to Blame Movax (http://www.cccp-project.net/wiki/index.php?title=Blame_Movax) - which probably made matters worse...  ;D

glynor:

--- Quote from: HTPCnut on February 21, 2008, 08:28:55 am ---...and I forgot to Blame Movax (http://www.cccp-project.net/wiki/index.php?title=Blame_Movax) - which probably made matters worse...  ;D

--- End quote ---

Right.  And, I mean, if movax is responsible for this, who knows what other evil he could be responsible for!

HTPCnut:
"EUREKA - IT'S ALIVE.. again!!!"

I know, you must be pretty tired reading my "Dang!-it-still-doesn't-work!!!" posts over the last week, or so, but that's a thing of the past now...  :-[
Even though it's all more or less what glynor (thanks, buddy!!) had recommend already below, I would like to give you the 'Cliff Notes' on how I resurrected my failing -and codec-challenged- Win2K/MC12 installation. Maybe it'll come in handy for you some day, too (...and just in case glynor is on vacation  ;) :

Step 1: Re-install Win2K by deleting the existing partition & having Windows format it over again (NTFS);
Step 2: Install Motherboard drivers & Windows 2000 SP 3+4;
Step 3: Download the latest DirectX9c... and install in Safe Mode. Don't be confused if it actually shows older dates (2006, 2007) inside the extracted DirectX9c folder. If in doubt, just re-install DirectX again -after leaving Safe Mode- using the latest version you've downloaded from Microsoft.com. DirectX will let you know if you already have the most recent version installed, so don't worry about it...
Step 4: Check with CCCP Insurgent that no Codec Packs are installed (..probably not necessary, since it's a fresh install - but I got a little bit paranoid in that regard over the last week, and I didn't want to leave anything to chance...);
Step 5: Install CCCP Codec Pack, not making any changes(!) to the suggested default settings... (no - none at all!)
Step 6: Let www.windowsupdate.com install a few more updates...
Step 7: Grab English Pub-sized Pint glass (.473 liters) & fill it up with ice. Pour in 4 shotglasses of Vodka, and fill up with Red Bull (or any other Energy Drink... e.g. AMP) to the rim. Start drinking and don't stop until glass is emptied - OTHERWISE, MOVAX WILL MESS UP YOUR INSTALL !! ;D  Blame Movax here; even if there's no logical reason for it... it sure works!! --> http://www.cccp-project.net/wiki/index.php?title=Blame_Movax]
Step 8: Install MC12 and play "Wolfmother - Joker And The Thief (Jackass in Sydney)" [--..yes, it has to be that MPEG1 video!!!]
Step 9: Sit back & enjoy the undistorted sound, without any drop-outs whatsoever!!!!  ;D

That's it, I'm a 'Happy Camper' again ...who just happened to save $100 on yet another WinXP license!!

THANKS, MC12 Board/Support/Admins !!!!!
Keep up the excellent work!!   :D  :D

Armin :)

hit_ny:

--- Quote from: HTPCnut on February 22, 2008, 01:37:38 am ---Step 7: Grab English Pub-sized Pint glass (.473 liters)

--- End quote ---

sorry not to be of much help but here's what an English pint really is :)

you've been short-changed!

Alex B:
HTPCnut,

How many of those pints did you have?    :D

Jim might have something to say about the "CliffsNotes" part. I think he has a special relationship with that word.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version