INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: iPod plugin Status  (Read 635 times)

Seviien

iPod plugin Status
« on: August 06, 2002, 04:56:47 pm »

Hi everyone...

I was really excited when apple announced PC support for the iPod, but quickly deflated when i learned that they'd be using MusicMatch as in interface.  I mean really, Musicmatch?  C'mon...

Anyhow, that got me looking for jukebox alternateives, and thus I stumbled upon mediajukebox ...
I've searched on the message board and learned of the drama with xplay, but I was just wondering where potential iPod support stood at the moment.  Is it completely dependant on the release of an iPod SDK, or is it something that will one way or another be in the pipeline down the road.

Thanks

Steve

RE:iPod plugin Status
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2002, 07:41:28 am »

Seviien,

Our first plan is to use the SDK from Apple when it becomes available (hopefully in August). Our fallback plan is to try to get something kickstarted again with one of the 3rd party vendors such as XPlay. I would like to say that it is a sure thing, but if the Apple SDK falls through, we are somewhat at the mercy of the 3rd party vendors to get this to go.  We should know more at the end of the month.

Steve

Seviien

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2002, 07:48:25 am »

Thnak you for the update.

Btw, Apple released an SDK for the firewire platform yesterday.  I don't think this is what you're looking for, but at least it's a step in the right direction...

http://maccentral.macworld.com/news/0208/07.firewire.php

Steve

« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2002, 09:32:20 am »

Thanks for the update.
Pages: [1]   Go Up