INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to Downgrade Bitrate?  (Read 1549 times)

Gankaku

• Recent member
How to Downgrade Bitrate?
« on: February 18, 2008, 05:32:04 pm »

I have a wma file that once it gets onto my Zen it says "Cannot play this bitrate".

How can I downgrade the bitrate? Thanks.

rjm

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: How to Downgrade Bitrate?
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2008, 05:51:33 pm »

Tools\Library Tools\Convert Format if you want to transcode the copy in your library.

If you only want to transcode the copy sent to your Zen, you can specify this in the handheld settings.

Gankaku

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2008, 11:35:03 am »

First, I found it under Tools\Advanced Tools\Convert Format (thank you though because otherwise I'd have no idea)

Part I of your reply: When I try this on my particular file (flv) I get a failed to convert message (when trying to convert to WMA lessor bitrate). Why?

I also don't see where to change the bit rate - I changed to convert it to WMA format, is the bitrate the CBR selection?

Part II of your reply: I don't see "handheld settings" - could you be more specific please? I thought maybe you meant to look at the file on my Zen and then run the conversion from that file (using the same directions as above). I tried that - the file was already in WMA format. When I tried to convert to a lower bitrate, I got the same message as above in part I.

Help and thanks!

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2008, 11:50:01 am »

First, I found it under Tools\Advanced Tools\Convert Format (thank you though because otherwise I'd have no idea)

Part I of your reply: When I try this on my particular file (flv) I get a failed to convert message (when trying to convert to WMA lessor bitrate). Why?

I also don't see where to change the bit rate - I changed to convert it to WMA format, is the bitrate the CBR selection?

Part II of your reply: I don't see "handheld settings" - could you be more specific please? I thought maybe you meant to look at the file on my Zen and then run the conversion from that file (using the same directions as above). I tried that - the file was already in WMA format. When I tried to convert to a lower bitrate, I got the same message as above in part I.

Help and thanks!

Is the file flv (Flash video) or wma (Windows media audio) ?

If the file is in wma format is it DRM protected (usually files bought from an on-line service are protected) and what is the bitrate? Actually, you could post the complete format info, check my instructions here.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755
Pages: [1]   Go Up